「𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚐 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎」

𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚐 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎, was something that was often looked down upon

𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚐 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎, was something that was often looked down upon. Many tried to warn them to prevent them from suffering from heartaches. But none of them backed down.

"Isn't it always painful to be waiting for me to return?" Muichiro asked as he sat next to [name] who was holding onto a cup of green tea. He watched as she slowly shook her head in response as a gentle smile appeared on her lips.

"I got to wait for you, so I wasn't lonely at all. Usually, it will be painful for me to wait for news of you returning home, but from then on after you made the promise with me. That was the first time I would ever think waiting wasn't painful," [name] spoke out with a smile as she turned to look at Muichiro.

"Really? I apologise," he spoke out as he grabbed hold of her hand in his and they intertwined their fingers together. A gentle smile appeared on their lips as he brought her hand up and planted a kiss on the back of it.

"The adults have been saying that we are too young to know what is going on between us," Muichiro spoke out and [name] slowly nodded her head in response.

"It's okay. In the end, as long as things work out, that's all that matters," [name] spoke out with a soft smile and Muichiro nodded his head in response.

Young love, it was something that the duo knew what was going on. But what kind of love did they have for one another? When they start to grow up together, would they part and head their separate ways?

Or will things continue to remain?

Young love carries a lot of emotion with it. It can be an incredibly wonderful and intense emotion. It can also be extremely confusing. Love is difficult for many mature adults to manage, making it that much harder for teenagers.

However, just because it's confusing doesn't mean that young love isn't real. Sometimes it is, and sometimes it's not.

That's what [name] knew while she read books. While she continued to wait for Muichiro whenever she receives a letter from him stating that he was returning from his mission, which [name] often stashed them away in her little box in her room.

"But one thing is for sure, [name]-sama," Muichiro spoke out as he laid his head onto her lap and turned his body so that his face was facing up and she was looking at him as she tilts her head down.

"It's the best place to be with you," he spoke out and [name]'s face turned bright red as she reached out and pinched his cheek harshly.

"You need to stop hanging around Uzui-sama," she spoke out.

Young love, many of them went through such a phase before. Some lasted for a long time, some didn't. Some turned into marriage, whereas most turned into heartbreaks. For young love was solely base on feelings, and nothing more.

But feelings themselves wouldn't allow them to get through obstacles and challenges that were being thrown to them. From time to time, [name] would often hear heartbreaking stories coming from the public whenever she was out with her mother or younger brother.

From time to time [name] gets affected, thinking that this 'young love' she has with Muichiro was nothing more than just that. It affects her greatly, but miraculously, Tokito Muichiro had somehow developed a radar.

A [name] radar, often knowing when she was upset. Often feeling a chill down his spine whenever he knew [name] was upset about something. He was the only one out of the duo to think that what they had wasn't just 'young love'.

It was more than that.

To have a connection with someone so strong that he could feel what she was feeling from time to time was something different. It wasn't bad, that's what he felt. He enjoyed knowing what [name] was feeling from time to time.

Helping him in deciding what he should do to cheer her up. He may be young, but many would say that Muichiro was much more capable of loving someone as compared to a certain Hashira who has three wives.

And tonight wasn't any different as he continued to lay on her lap and held her hand in his. Using his small thumb to gently caress the back of her hand as he tried to soothe her worries.

After all, the final battle was coming. He would be out fighting against the Upper Moons and Demon Lord.

He wasn't sure if he would return, which was why [name] was so worried. He knew and he soon sat up from his position and turned to look at her.

His legs found its way towards her waist from the side and he wrapped them around her waist tightly. His arms around her shoulders as he hugged her like a koala bear, and he rested his chin onto her shoulder.

"Are you in pain?" he asked and [name] hesitantly nodded her head in response. Muichiro knew that what she meant by 'pain' wasn't physically, but rather, emotionally. He had noticed ever since he started to realise how much he remembers about [name].

Often he wouldn't be remembering such things as he tends to let his mind wander about and he had the carefree personality. But when it came to [name], it was entirely different. He couldn't seem to forget anything concerning her.

It made him feel that he needs to remain by her side most of the time. To protect her, to see the smile on her face. And then he remembered when he was fighting against the Upper Moon at the swordsmith village.

He heard her voice.

And just her voice alone made him want to escape the trap he was engulfed in and awake his demon slayer mark, just to ensure that he would be able to return to her side as he had promised whenever she sees him out to his mission.

This puppy love that the adults called it before, was now deemed as young love.

But little did they know, how attached they were with one another.