「𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎」

"𝙸 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞,"

Till this day, [name] still remembered those words he had said to her. Her body growing a little cold then as she walked next to Kiriya. Along with how she and her siblings had become close friends with Tanjiro and the others as well.

Walking along with Kanao, Nezuko and Aoi along the streets of the busy town. [name] then turned as she felt someone touching her on the shoulder and a frown appeared on her pretty face. She tilts her head a little as she looked at whoever it was.

Unsure of who he was.

"Hey," he called out and [name] was about to take a step back just as the man reached out, ready to grab her shoulder once more, only to have his arm being pulled away harshly. The painful sound of a bone-breaking was heard and [name] could only wince slightly.

Looking as her saviour's hair was tied up into a high ponytail, clipped together with a familiar hair clip that she wore as well. Her pink-tinted lips curled up slightly as she watched and listened to his soothing voice.

"Don't touch my wife. Do you want to have a little chat? Chat with me," he spoke out and the man had a deep scowl on his face, only for Zenitsu's voice to be heard.

"Damn, this man. His grip was so tight and now my wrist is bruised. If I get more people with me, it will be easy to overthrow," he thought to himself just as Zenitsu gripped him tightly on the shoulder.

"Oi. How easy is it to overthrow him? Tell me about it," Zenitsu muttered out and Tanjiro softly chuckled as he held back Inosuke as well.

"Hey, Zenitsu, calm down. I'm sorry. He just has a little too much blood in him. He is very hot-headed," Tanjiro spoke out with a wide smile and the man was roughly grabbed by the shoulder once more and was forced to turn.

His eyes widened as he stared into the same pair of mint-green eyes.

"Oi... Fuckface... I want to talk with you for a little bit for touching my wife earlier on..." Muichiro muttered out as he looked down at the man, having a growth spurt over the years and now much taller than ever.

"Mui..." [name] softly called out as the man begged for forgiveness and took off running. She laughed softly as Muichiro turned to look at her and hugged her tightly, carrying her easily.

"Didn't you promise me you would stay put? What if I didn't come back on time?" he spoke out and [name] smiled softly as she looked at how Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke were tugging on their wives.

Checking to see if they were alright.

"Kiriya was with me," she spoke out and Kiriya rubbed the back of his neck a little. Looking more and more like Oyakata-sama then, and she gently patted him on the head.

"But, Tokito-sama is much more capable of protecting you, nee-san. My body is still weak," Kiriya spoke out and [name] laughed softly.

"Well, it looks like Mui kept his promise once again," [name] said with a wide smile as she reached up and pulled him down for a kiss.

"Nee-san, you need to calm down!" Kiriya called out as he tried to hold [name] back from running towards the battlefield after she had heard how Kibutsuji Muzan was defeated. Her tears rolled down her cheeks as she tried to calm herself down.

"But... Mui! Mui!" she cried once more and Kiriya along with his younger sisters held onto him tightly, pulling their older sister back. Only for them to stop as [name] stopped struggling.

Hearing the sound of footsteps as mist appeared due to how the sun was rising, and her lavender eyes widened.

She watched as he staggered towards her with a bright smile on his face. Tears rolling down his cheek as he spread his arms out and [name] took off running.

"[name]-sama, I kept my promise!"

"Oi... What are you thinking about?" Muichiro asked as he pecked her on the forehead and [name] giggled softly as she shook her head a little in response.

"Nothing much, just the promises you kept all the time," she said with a wide smile and Muichiro let out a soft sigh in response to what she had just said.

"I told you, once I promise you, I'll keep it. Like how I vowed to love you till death do us apart, and even in the afterlife," he added on and [name] could only smile softly.

It was because of the promises they made with one another that kept them together all these years. All the promises they made gave them hope and the will to hold on to something that they weren't sure about what would happen in the future.

"Well, better tell Shinazugawa-san and the others that they are so fucking wrong. This isn't puppy love, this is true love," Muichiro spoke out and [name] let out a soft sigh.

"Mui, language!"

And soft chuckles were heard as they looked at one another. Hugging one another tightly as they remained still and nothing tearing them apart. As long as they had each other, as long as they kept the promises they made with one another.

That was all that matters.

The End

A/N: I know maybe some aren't happy with this since it's a different take from how I usually write. But given how I'm writing about Muichiro, I figured that the little things such as these words would mean a whole lot to him since he is very young.

And from young, these things make a huge impact on one's self. So I hope you will understand where I'm coming from and that the little things do matter from time to time. Take a breather and relax, enjoy the little things in life.

Much love!