Confessions- Chapter 10 (Part 1)

*Andrea’s POV*

I was angry! I was angry that he would even ask me about that! I let out a gust of air and turned on my heel before I did something I would regret and blow up on him.

"Andrea, wait! Where are you going?!" Alexander quickly caught up to me and grabbed my arm to stop me, but when I shook it off he quickly pinned me to the sand.

"Alexander you better get off of me before I hurt you!" He had my arms pinned to my sides and his knee was in between my legs making sure that my dress was pinned so that I wouldn't be showing any underwear. How considerate, I thought sarcastically. "You're getting sand all over my back," I yelled at him.

"Why can't you just answer my question?!" He yelled back and he was struggling with keeping me still.

"It's a personal question! It's not like I asked you...How many girls have you slept with before?" I knew boys liked to gloat about all the girls that they've had in their bed, but they always feel somewhat uncomfortable if you bring it up. Plus I was just trying to come up with a random question on the spot.

"None," he said seriously.

"What?" Okay, my plan backfired! I thought he would struggle with answering that one.

"I've never slept with a girl," he still kept a calm face.

"I highly doubt that! You're a nineteen year old boy. Don't you guys think about that stuff like every five minutes? I'm pretty sure that there were plenty of girls throwing themselves at you and willing to crawl into your bed," He had to be lying. There is no way a guy as good looking as him can be untouched.

He moved his face closer to mine and as he spoke I felt his hot minty breath fan across my face, “I have never slept with a girl and I’m proud that I can say that. I have too much respect for women to just do them for one night and then pretend that they don’t exist the next. A real man makes love to the woman they truly love. I haven’t found that so I’m still a virgin. Plus, I don’t let my hormones control my thoughts and life. Now, will you answer my question?” He kept complete eye contact with me while he explained himself.

“Wow, you changed my perspective about boys like you,” I was finally able to spit out because his confession had my dumbfounded.

“Boys like me?” He sounded offended with the way that I said it.

“You know, extremely overconfident, cocky, pretty boys, always trying to get what they want when clearly some people do not want to be chased,” I told him with a pointed look.

In return he gave me a dry look, “I’m not a pretty boy, and I am just a very persistent person. I like a challenge especially if you’re as feisty as you are now.” His eyes roamed to my lips and he began to lean in.

 I closed my eyes for a second and when his lips were about an inch from mine, I flipped him onto his back. I straddled him and made sure that my dress was lowered, then I pinned his hands above his head.

“I told you that I don’t want anything to happen right now. Plus, you forgot that I grew up with two older brothers; I’m not a weakling. I am capable of taking care myself. My brothers never played soft with me so I learned how to toughen up,” I climbed off of him and dusted myself off. After a couple of seconds Alexander got up on his feet and stood beside me.

“I just want to know. Who hurt you? Was it an old boyfriend? I know that you don’t want anything right now and I’ve accepted that. I want to be your friend. Your best friend. I want to know who hurt you so that I can fix it,” His words were so sincere that they brought tears to my eyes.