The Sunrise Journal

So I've literally just got up. It's not even six in the morning. I haven't slept all night. I looked outside and was enthused by the sunrise. I kept a journal of it. Here it is. Disclaimer: I was in a very sleep-deprived and lucid state when I wrote this, so forgive the poetic-ness.

4:25 am
The sky is beautiful. Pinks and purples, with hints of sunshine on the horizon. I see Venus, too. So bright, outshining everything else. This is boring, but it is so worth it. I feel blessed.

4:30 am
I don't think that is Venus. It has moved, and it is still moving. It is not a plane - no flashing lights.
I believe I have just witnessed a shooting star.

4:40 am
There are clouds! Actual clouds! And the sky is blue - pinky blue. This sunrise is gorgeous.

4:45 am
The sky is lighter now, and the clouds darker. The blue is more of a lilac, and it fades to pink at the bottom. I could watch this forever.

4:45 am
Something just flew past my window. It might have been a bird, but it looked a bit like a bat. Do we have bats in England? It had to be a bird, right?

4:50 am
It's going more golden right to the left of me. I have a brilliant view. The pink is getting darker at the bottom and I hear noises now - the faint, distant hum of cars.

4:50 am
I see the remnants of the last few stars desperately trying to peep through the cloud cover. It's quite dense - it's a shame the clouds are covering most of the view. It's still wonderful, though.

4:55 am
The top of the sky is properly blue now, fading to golden yellow. I still see some corally pink but it's mostly blue and yellow now. There's more cars.

4:55 am
There's noises from in my house now. My dad might be stirring soon - I don't know how early he gets up. His work starts at 9 and it takes about 1hr - 1.5hrs to get there, and he still has to get ready. Maybe soon.

5 am
There's so many clouds. I can hardly see the sky any more. I do see blue so light it's almost white, and pinkish amber. The clouds are spoiling the view.

5 am
There's another colour. Gently tugging at the skyline - pink. It wants to join in.

5:05 am
Clouds. So many clouds. I can tell what sort of day it's going to be today, weather-wise.

5:05 am
The yellow and blue have decided to let the pink join the party. It's spreading fast.

5:05 am
I can see my garden, and all the gardens behind mine. The yellow is paler now.

5:10 am
So. Many. Clouds.

5:10 am
It's all blue now. Except for one tiny sliver of pale yellow and a pink cloud, the sun has fully risen. I should do this more often.

Total time: 45 mins

5:25 am
It's been an hour. First it was dark, vampiric colours. Now, it's bright and cloudy. It's daytime. Funny how much the sky changes in just one hour. It's beautiful.