Chapter 8 (Personal Switch)

Jasie lost her balance due to the extreme shock of being in that boy’s body or let us say coinciding with his conscious mind.

Raphael seemed to take control over his own body once again and was aware that some intruder had tried to possess him. He did know who or what it was but he tried to use his inner voice to speak to either him or her.

“Who are you!? Why are you doing this to me!?”

Jasie felt that if she had spoken, he would eventually recognize her voice and so she altered it to hide her identity.

“I did not mean for this to happen. It was unintentional and uncontrollable.”

Just then, she saw glimpses of his memories involving only her and most of them were either monologues or snippets of his dreams.

Raphael was in his room trying to finish his schoolwork and he seemed too tensed. He was solving a math problem which involved algebra.

Jasie heard the words he was uttering to boost himself.

“I should not give up. I am doing this for my future. I am doing this for my parents. I need to do this for Jasie, just wait until you see me. You’ll be glad to have met me someday. I will always be by your side.”

She felt that it was cringe worthy to have heard that.

Her being the inspiration of someone really was commendable at an extent. She did not think that she was someone worthy to be considered as such.

Another memory suddenly flashed and it seemed abstract and unrealistic as they were holding hands walking towards the sunset at the beach.

Yoona was right behind them cheering them on.

“I envy you guys!”

Raphael suddenly pulled Jasie towards the high tides and said something embarrassing.

“Be my forever, Jasie. You’re the only one for me.”

Come on, what was that all about? Were they going to drown themselves or what?

That was weird.

There was no way that had happened even for a dream. She felt that she was blushing for knowing about all these.

Raphael did really think of her a lot when he also remembered all his dreams about her.

What was so good and likable about her? Jasie wondered.

Raphael’s voice blocked out all the other memories before she could have seen them.

“Go away you demon!”

She wanted to test him.

“Who is this girl you are constantly thinking about?”

Raphael suddenly was enraged since the intruder was invading his privacy.

“What were you doing? Were you probing into my mind?”

Jasie did not mean to be rude but she wanted to know if he was someone trustworthy. If this boy wanted to prove himself to her then he should be able to do that to a stranger.

“Rest assured, I’m not an evil spirit. I have only seen some of your memories mostly involving her. It was such a pity that I couldn’t see all of them. They were very amusing.”

Raphael decided to wear his headphones and turned on some music at its loudest volume to see whether it would drive the uninvited guest away. He himself could not seem to handle it so maybe it would work.