Chapter 18 (Real Improv)

Clyde had to look into him later on since that was not just a chance encounter, he believed.

He had to enter the school grounds and rely on his intuition as to where his classroom was. He walked through a narrow gate and stumbled upon a tall female security guard that seemed to know him.

“There’s a first time for everything huh? You’re usually early.”

He curved his lips into an endearing smile and picked up his pace.

There was an open court just ahead and past that were a row of classrooms. He saw the marked sections above the front doors relating to his grade level. It was just a piece of cake. Now, he just had to wait for someone to recognize him and that’s where he should slip in.

A man who seemed to be in his early forties took his time going towards the class he should be at for the period. He was carrying a box of chalks along with a tattered notebook.

Clyde waited if ever he would instruct him as to where he should go. The man halted as he saw him.

“Waiting on me again aren’t you? You’re such a responsible mayor. Why did you bring your bag outside?”

At least Clyde did not seem to be doing anything questionable. He looked down at his stroller to hide his baffled expression. He then thought of a good excuse.

“Well, I was in the middle of demonstrating to my classmates as to what would happen to them if they were about to skip class. I was hoping to get scolded to make them scared. They got impatient earlier. Sir, can you keep this a secret from them? I wanted this to look real for their own good. They really thought I was rebelling.”

His teacher was so impressed since he went out of his way to teach them a lesson.

Even when a model student broke the rules, he or she would not be tolerated and would still receive punishment. There should be no case of favouritism after all. He acted maturely for his age.

“Clyde, you’re really something. If I had not known you yet to be such a proper student, I might have really gotten angry at you. Carry on now. I’ll tell them that I corrected you for doing something improper. It will be our secret.”

His classmates really were getting restless inside. Honestly, they wondered why Clyde was late and why their teacher arrived later than he always had.

Both of them went inside and Clyde was getting conscious seeing total strangers before him. He found the only vacant seat right in front of the teacher’s desk and sat on it assuming that it was his. Thankfully, nobody told him to move.

“Class! I’m sorry to be very tardy. Also, I lectured Clyde just right outside so that next time he won’t do it again. I guess he’s just having a bad day.”

How close were they to also reveal about his feelings to the class?

Clyde heard his classmates murmuring in agreement that it was understandable for him to be so. He might have been engulfed by another of his family problems, mostly relating to his jobless father. They were so well-informed of his personal life which bothered him.

“Okay my dear students, I’ll be giving out some reply slips that come with envelopes for your parents to sign. We’ll be needing donations to support programs for the less fortunate and of course any amount would be appreciated. Don’t forget to return them next Monday.”

A girl with a booming voice suddenly spoke out.

“Sir, you said that any amount will do. Meaning, is it okay to donate one peso or is there a required minimum?”