Chapter 4

Stans POV:

I was watching with the kids a movie named "Frozen", but I didn't really liked it.
I just wanted to get up and look what Sixer and that (Y/N) were doing, as Ford entered the living room

Speaking of the devil..

"And? How is she doing Poindexter?" I was curious for how long she might has to stay here.
"Well, she said that the bullet hit her badly and that the wound needs a month or something to heal enough. And I don't think she should leave before regaining her memory.."

Great, another hungry mouth to feed.. But well, a month ain't that long.

"Grunkle Ford?"
Mable walked over to us, the twins had paused the film and were listening to us.

"Yeah Mabel? What is is?"
Ford kneeled before her to be the same height as her.
"Can we go to the woman in your room?"
Mabel used her Puppy eyes.

"I'm sorry Mabel, she is sleeping right now, but I'm sure you and Dipper can go talk to her tomorrow" Ford looked kinda..
Worried?

I saw the kids going upstairs and turned to my brother.

"Why ya worried? I mean, Atleast that lady woke up from her sleep."
Ford looked me worried in my eyes.

"well, yeah, but she can't really sleep anymore because she overthinks. And, I mean, I saw today two government guys infront of the shack, they were at the place where she was lying, what if I brought all of us into danger, again! What if she is dangerous, what if she is in danger and we can't protect her, what if someone of us gets hurt while protecting her what if- "

" Hey, Ford, look at me. "
I placed my hand on his shoulder, I knew he was having a panic attack because of his stupid overthinking again.
I gently pushed him towards the table, where we sat down.

" No matter what will happen, we will get through it without getting hurt or dying, okay?"
He looked at me, trying to believe my words.
"O-okay.."

"C'mon, I'll make us a hot chocolate alright?"
I stood up and looked questioning into Fords direction.

Dippers POV:

"Something is off with her Mabel, I feel it!"
I walked calmless around our room.
"c'mon dipper, you're overreacting, I bet she's nice."

I thought after last year she wouldn't be so naive anymore.. Guess I Was wrong

"Wait... MAYBE WE CAN SHIP HER WITH ONE OF OUR GRUNKLES!! OMG THAT WOULD BE SOOO NICE!"
"Mable, no, we firstly have to find out who she is-"
"WHAAAT DO YOU THINK DIPPER, WOULD SHE FIT BETTER WITH GRUNKLE STAN OR GRUNKLE FORD? I think she's more if a nerd, so...
LET'S MAKE A SHIPPING PLAN FOR GRUNKLE FORD AND THAT LADY! THIS SHIP MUST SAIL!!"

Mable posed dramatically on her bed like a sailor.
I just sighted and took some paper, I wanted to figure out what she wanted here so badly that she got shot.

" Aww c'mon brobro, help me with my Plan! That much more fun than your nerd thingys"
Mabel sat in her bed with a piece of paper and some crayons.
"I already have an idea! You wanna hear?"

I didn't want to deal with her happiness at that moment. It felt... Wrong. That woman could be dangerous.
"Maybe later, I am thirsty, you want something too?"
I walked towards the door.

"Nahh I'm fine."
"Okay I guess"

I headed downstairs in direction of the kitchen but on my way I saw Grunkle Stan and Great uncle Ford sitting at the table, both holding a cup and Stan was calmly talking to Ford.

"Hey Kiddo, whatcha doin here?"
The twins Brothers looked at me, Stan curious and Ford... Well he seemed more absent.

"I just wanted to get something to drink, nothing much."
"Ya want a hot chocolate too?"
Stan stood up.

"Uhm sure, if you don't mind..."
I sat down next to my great uncle Ford and looked at him.

He seems so absent... Probably caught up in thoughts...well, I have that same problem too, just Mabel always gets me out of the trail of thoughts. That would also explain the hot chocolate, maybe to calm great uncle Ford down.

"Hey Great uncle Ford, are you okay?"
He didn't reacted, so I snapped and saw Ford shaking his head, then he looked at me.

"D-Dipper? Since when are you here? Weren't you upstairs?"
"Well, I wanted to get something to drink and I am not for long here, I just sat down. And sorry for scaring you.."

"Ahh, it's fine Dipper, I just got......got lost in my thoughts t-that's a-all"
He began to shake slightly, but calmed down very fast

"Here ya go kiddo, a hot chocolate, the best drink in summer!"
Grunkle Stan gave me a cup full of hot chocolate and sat back down next to Great Uncle Ford.

"Hey Dipper, what do you think of (Y- Y/N)?"
Great Uncle Ford stared at the wall infront of us.

"Well, I don't know, I mean she got shot and who knows why. Maybe these guys are dangerous an-"

"it were the guys from the government"
Great Uncle Ford placed a Hand on my Shoulder.
"Wait What?!"

Is she a criminal?! She probably is dangerous! Why would she get shot from these guys if she's not dangerous! And she is in our home!

"Hey Dipper calm down"
I looked at my Great Uncles, who had worried faces. Only then I noticed, that my hands were trembling hardly.

"W-well, w-we can p-probably ask (Y/N) s-some questions Tom-tomorrow... I-I'll go to b-bed. Goddnight."
I drank the hot chocolate, which cooled down, and went upstairs to tell Mabel.

And I thought after last summer we wouldn't be in danger anymore..