Chapter 5

(Y/N)s POV:

I woke up in a strange room.

What the... Oh right, I am in Oregon.

I sat up only to have my head spinning around. I waited until it was over, then sighted and looked at a clock.

Huh....i guess I kinda slept a lot... 7 hours.. Welp, I'm bored and I don't think that anybody is at 5 am awake. Maybe I could get up and explore the house quietly... But I shouldn't walk with the wound, it could burst open.

...

I stood up anyway.

At my first try I fell back because my head started to spin again and my leg hurted. At second try I was able to stand while holding onto the desk next to the bed. I was proud of myself and just decided to stand there for a while, so my body could get used to it.
Then I tried to walk. I did one step, then another.

At the second step I failed. Why?
It was my hurt leg.
I fell down with a loud thump

Please don't be awake, please don't be awake, please dont be awake, please don't be awake, please don't be-

Aaaaaand of course someone is awake.

The Door opened and a worried.. Ford I think was his name..? Run towards me.

"Are you okay?! What happened! Are you hurt?!"

I don't know why, but i started to giggle uncontrollably.
Now there wasn't a worried Ford sitting infront of me, but a confused Ford too.
I tried hardly to stop giggling, while Stanford was just sitting there completely speechless.

When I managed to stop giggling, I answered.
"I am okay, I am not more hurt than before-"
What if the wound busted open?
I took a quick look at my bandages, only to see as much blood as when I tried to sleep- only a ittle bit. Means the wound is okay.

"- and I tried to walk, that's what happened."
"And... why did you laugh? It must've hurt to fall down."

Yeah, yeah it did.
"Nahhh, it's fine. And I don't have a single clue why I laughed. Now, could you help me get up?"
Ford gave me a judging look.

"So that you can wander around and hurt yourself more? No. I'll get you to bed."
He was getting nearer to grap me so he can carry me to bed.
I pushed him gently away.

"Oh really, what if I just want to walk to bed?" I looked at him with my arms crossed. Stanford sighted, stood up and gave me a hand. I grapped it and pulled myself up. I was about to fall again, but Ford catched me and helped me to bed.

"Why did you wanted to get up anyway? You don't seem to be that type of person who doesn't know that it'll have consequences." He sat down on the bed, next to me.
"Well, I was never the person to sit down and do nothing. And I was bored. So I decided to try and explore the house. Did anybody else wake up? I didn't wanted to bother you..."

"Actually, I was about to go to sleep and I think everyone else didn't wake up."

"now?! It's 5 am! What would you do to stay awake until 5 am? Wait... Is it because you don't have a bed? Oh my God I'm so sorry, I-I can sleep on the floor i-"
"no it's not your fault, I was doing some research."
Ford placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked at it and decided to ask.

"Hey, uhm, if you don't mind me asking, do you have six fingers?"
Ford looked a little bit shocked at me and, removed his hand from my shoulder and tried to hide them.
"Well, y-yeah..."
"Can i take a closer look at them?"
I asked him as calmly as possible because he seemed nervous.

"O-okay" he slowly showed his hands into my direction and looked away. Was he.... Ashamed? I think I know why.

"amazing..." I carefully took a look at his fingers. It was just like a normal functioning hand- just with six fingers.
"I never saw this before in my career.."

"you don't think that I'm..."
He looked at me, with hope in his eyes
"that I'm a freak?"

I shook my head while smiling to myself.
Guess I was right.
"well, the most person's thought that... I got-" Ford tried to explain, but I cutted him off. Not very nice of me, I know.

"bullied, right?" Ford was looking at me, kind of speechless..? But I continued.
"well, I was bullied too. Not because of a birth defect or something tho. I was too nice, too naive. I trusted the wrong people."

"I actually did that too, but well, that's the past, right?"
"Yeah..."

Ford stood up and sat down at the desk.
"uhm, didn't you wanted to go to sleep?"
I gave him a sceptical look.

"Well, yeah, but I ain't tired anymore."
Well, now I feel bad. Is it my fault? Maybe..

We both looked away, silently staring into a different direction.

"So uhm, what do you think?"
Ford was still looking away.
"Think of what?"
I moved slightly to sit down differently, trying not to make a sound of pain so that Ford wouldn't be worried.
"Well, about us. About the Pines family."
He turned into my direction.

So they are the Pines Family... I kinda like the surname..

"I'll start with your probably twin brother, Stan..... Ley..? To be honest, he seems like a nice guy, but I wouldnt give him my wallet. By the way, did he took care of my backpack?"
"Yeah, why?"

"Just asking. Anyway then this girl... I can't remember her name..."
"You mean Mabel?"
"Ahh, yes, that was her name. Well, she seems like a girl with a strong will and a lot of enthusiasm. I think she is the innocent type of girl who tries to help everyone."

"I wouldn't say innocent but... The rest is pretty accurate."

"Uhm okay..? The younger boy, Di- Dipper..? I think he is more cautious and doesn't trust that easily. I have a feeling that he has a high IQ and grew up too fast.
And lastly, there is you. First things first, you are crazy to wear a Trenchcoat and a  sweater with a turtleneck in the middle of summer. Furthermore, I bet you can be a nerd with an high IQ but you're still open for adventures. You seem to have had a bad time, you look very cautious and I think you might be introverted. "

"Can you read people? Your describing is very accurate.. It's like you've known us for years! And you don't even know us for a day!"
"Lets say I always had a talent to read people. Well, what do you think of me?"
I looked curious at Ford. He thought for a moment, then answered.

"Well... You seem to be intelligent and to know what you're doing. You are very  stubborn and you don't like to be bossed around. I think you still have that silly inner child... So...?"

"Not bad, that sounds a lot like me!"
I leaned back a little bit.
"Really? Didn't thought that."

"You know, Ford, I think that I can trust you."