Chapter 6

Fords POV:

She trusts.. Me? I mean, she knows me for, like a day. I also could be someone dangerous who just plays nice. But... I have the feeling (Y/N) knows when someone is bad and when not. For example her description of my family, she only saw the others for five minutes or something. And yet she talked about them like she'd known our family for years.

"Hey, are you hungry? I mean, you haven't eaten in I don't know how much days."
She was holding her tummy.
"Yeah, I am literally starving" she smiled at me.
"So, you're helping me walk? Because I ain't eating in bed, even though you probably planned it that way."
(Y/N) gave me a knowing look.

I turned red from embarrassment.
"Uhm, can you read minds or what? It's starting to get kinda scary.." I shook my head. No one can read minds!
"Anyway, sure I am helping you. Do you think I Want you to fall again? Next time you could hurt yourself worse!"
She laughed quietly, then sat down on my bed so that she could stand up.

I walked to her and gave her a hand, which she gratefully took.
Maybe she thought I wouldn't allow her to get out of bed again... Heh," allow", she is a independent older woman, I couldn't allow her something even if I wanted, she is mature enough to know the consequences.

We walked slowly in the direction of the kitchen. (Y/N) was walking extra slow to take a close look at the shack.
"Nice house you got! I like the style."
"Thanks, I build it myself."
(Y/N) nodded impressed.

As we were walking through the kitchen door, we saw the kids already sitting at the table and my brother making breakfast.

"huh, done with whatever you were doin'?"
"Wha- why are you awake?"
If I know something, then that Stanley would never get up at this time.

"A pretty loud noise woke all of us up, but we saw that you were already takin care of it, so I thought if we all are awake, why not make breakfast."

I looked at (Y/N) who held her head guilty to the ground.

"What made the noise anyway?" Stan must've noticed (Y/N)s reaction too.
"Well, I tried to walk, but I tripped and fell down" She tried to cover up her guilt and stared my brother dead in the eye. I wanted to whisper in her ear that this is not a good way of coping with her feelings, but I only would've earned a glance.

"C'mon, let's sit down, okay?" she gave me a sorry look, sighed and started to walk with me to the table. As soon as we sat down Mabel asked (Y/N) alot of questions.

"Hey, are you okay? Can I ask some questions? Where do you come from? How was your childhood? Do you have a husband? What is your favorite food? If-"

I interrupted Mabel. (Y/N) looked very overwhelmed.
"Hey, Mabel. Now, don't rush, she just woke up. Okay?"
"Fine Grunkle Ford."
Stanley finished breakfast and sat down with us. Mabel startet eating sadly her pancakes looking at (Y/N). Our guest noticed it too.

"Hey,.. Mabel, right? After breakfast and after I took a shower, if that's okay..?" She gave me and Stanley a questioning look. We both nodded in union.
".. And after I took a shower, you and your brother can ask me as many questions as you want, okay?"

Dipper gave (Y/N) a sceptic look, but took a small notebook and a pencil and started writing, probably questions, down while Mabel basically jumped at her hugging her and repeating" thank you!". (Y/N) tried to free herself a little bit with a smile.
"Hey, okay haha uhm.. You're welcome?"

Mabel went on eating her breakfast so fast, I was scared she would be choked to death.

As we all were finished, Mabel ran upstairs, pulling her brother with her.
(Y/N) also stood up.

"that was very delicious, Stanley! You are a great cook!"
"Thanks, but call me Stan. And thanks to my secret ingredient my Stan cakes are the best!" He stood up taking care of the dishes.
"I bet you won't tell me, right? Well, could you tell me where the bathroom is?"
I got up.
"Sure, I'll show you. Come with me."

We walked to the bathroom. Being there, (Y/N) wanted to close the door.
"Uhm Ford? Could you put the fresh clothing I got in my backpack infront of the door?"
"Already on my way" I winked and we both started laughing.

"Well anyways, after the shower I'll be in your room if the children ask."
"Okay."
I went on my way to get (Y/N)s spare clothes and she closed the door.