Chapter 10 ✎

"There's a spectacular fight going on in the east stands over there-"
_______________________

Third Persons POV

Dumbledore had convinced Harry not to go looking for the Mirror of Erised again, and he decided that for the rest of the Christmas holidays, his invisibility cloak would stay folded at the bottom of his trunk.

The next morning Harry found Jilly asleep in the common room with a book on her face

"Jilly..." Harry gently shook her awake. "I ALREADY TOLD YOU I CANT POOP THERE!!!!" Jilly shouted shooting up and hitting Harry straight in the face with her book.

"Sorry...I had the weirdest dream.." Jilly said rubbing the back of her neck and turning red.

"I went the mirror last night" Harry began, deciding to ignore what Jilly had just said, rubbing his nose.

Jilly started cleaning her mess of ink, parchment, and books while he told her everything that happened last night, excluding the part where Dumbledore mentioned what Jilly saw in the mirror.

"You went to the mirror and didn't tell me??" Harry's voice shook with slight anger . "I'm sorry..." Jilly softly muttered and looked down in guilt. Any anger Harry had was gone, replaced with an urge to test her.

"What did you see in the mirror??" Harry asked. Would she tell the truth about what she saw?? "I guess I didn't  really want anything for myself, so I saw my friends and family, all surrounded by theirs," Jilly shared, closing her ink bottle. She did tell the truth.

This was the moment Harry realized how kind Jilly really was, and how stupid he was to think badly about her.

"Harry are you alright??" She looked over Harry. She suddenly got up and pulled him into a hug.

Harry instantly hugged back. It's like Jilly knew exactly what to do because after she pulled out of the hug, Harry was in much better spirits.

"Let's get ready, then we can go free Ash and Hedwig, they haven't been out since Christmas," Jilly suggested, standing up.

After they had both gotten ready they headed out together, arms linked, talking about random stuff. Once they found their owls they walked outside. Hedwig and Ash flew up together and Harry and Jilly watched together, arms wrapped around each other's neck, as their owls flew off.

🕛🕑🕒

Harry wished he could forget what he'd seen in the mirror easily, but he couldn't. He started having nightmares. Over and over again he dreamed about his parents disappearing in a flash of green light, while a high voice cackled with laughter.

"You see, Dumbledore was right, that mirror could drive you mad," said Ron, when Harry told him about these dreams. Hermione, who came back the day before term started, took a different view of things.

She was torn between horror at the idea of Harry being out of bed, roaming the school three nights in a row, disappointment that he hadn't at least found out who Nicolas Flamel was.

"Harry, you look terrible.." Jilly blurted one night. "Thanks," he sarcastically grumbled. "I'm fine."

What Jilly had said was true. His hair was so messy it looked like a birds nest, he had bags under his eyes, and he hadn't eaten a lot.