Chapter 7 ✎

"I don't regret beating Malfoy...but I really don't want to do this."
_______________________

Third Person POV

The following morning, Oliver Wood walked up to Jilly, Harry, Ron, and Hermione as they were lounging in the common room.

"Jilly, can I talk to you," he asked.

"Sure," Jilly looked confused as they walked off into a corner.

Harry narrowed his eyes at Wood, but quickly stopped. "Why am I acting like this.." He mumbled to himself, shaking his head

"We need a chaser for Gryffindor, and I heard the Weasley twins saying that you were really good, would you like to be the new chaser??" He asked.

Jilly gaped at him. "What?! You haven't even seen me play-"

"Don't worry, I'm sure you're amazing, do you have a broom?" He asked with a small smile.

"No, but I can ask my parents for one," Jilly blinked. "Are you sure-"

"Perfect!! So will you join?" He looked hopeful.

"Um- of course," She muttered, "but-"

"Brilliant!! I'll tell you when we have our next practice!" Wood grinned, and with that, he skipped out of the common room.

Jilly joined the others again, still shocked.

"Well??!" Ron grinned

"He asked me to be on the Quidditch Team." Jilly couldn't hide her smile.

Ron, Harry, and Hermione all dramatically gasped.

"What did you say?!" Hermione closed her book.

"I said yes-"

There was a squeal from Hermione and an inhuman sound from Ron as they both jumped up to hug their best friend.

"Brilliant!!" Harry joined the hug. After a little while of talking about quidditch, Jilly got up.

"I need to go write a letter to my mum and dad, any of you want to come??" Jilly glanced at the three.

"I'll come," Harry said, grinning.

They left together towards the owlery.

Hedwig flew over to Jilly as soon as she and Harry entered. She seemed to still be mad at Harry for the car incident.

"You're Harry's owl, not mine." Jilly laughed, cuddling with Hedwig. She made an angry chirping sound.

"Ah, you're still mad." Jilly whispered.

"How did you know what she was saying?!" Harry's green eyes were blown wide in shock.

"She made an angry sound." Jilly softly whispered.

Harry liked how she always talked gently around all the animals. It gave him a sense of nostalgia, although he didn't know why.