Chapter 8 ✎

*IMPORTANT*

Hey Everyone! It has come to my attention that someone has been impersonating me, now I don't know who it is, or the account. All I know is that someone's stealing my book, and pretending to me. That's really disappointing. If you have any information, please tell me!! It may help me find out who's doing this, and put a stop to it! Thank you all <3
________________________

"I think I just fell for you."
________________________

Third Person POV

In no time at all, Defence Against the Dark Arts had become most people's favourite class. Only Draco Malfoy and his gang of Slytherins had anything bad to say about Professor Lupin.

"Look at the state of his robes," Malfoy would say in a loud whisper as Professor Lupin passed. "He dresses like our old house-elf."

Draco luckily had never said anything in front of Jilly, because if she had heard he would be six feet under the ground before he could have said "my father-"

No one else cared that Professor Lupin's robes were patched and frayed. His next few lessons were just as interesting as the first.

After Boggarts, they studied Red Caps, nasty little goblin-like creatures that lurked wherever there had been bloodshed.

"They'd love the girls bathroom." Jilly joked out loud, causing all the girls to giggle, and the boys to give them confused glances. Professor Lupin's eyes sparkled. "I'm sure they would." He chuckled.

From Red Caps they moved onto Kappas, creepy. water-dwellers that looked like scaly monkeys, with webbed hands itching to strangle unwitting waders in their ponds.

Harry only wished he was as happy with some of his other classes. Worst of all was Potions. Snape was in a particularly vindictive mood these days, and no one was in any doubt why.

The story of the Boggart assuming Snape's shape, and the way that Neville had dressed it in his grandmother's clothes, had travelled through the school like wildfire.

Snape didn't seem to find it funny. His eyes flashed menacingly at the very mention of Professor Lupin's name, and he was bullying Neville worse than ever.

Jilly was on the edge of her seat, and every time she would shift in her chair to get up and give Snape a piece of her mind, Harry would grab her arm harshly, giving her a menacing stare to stay put.

It had worked so far, and Harry swore he saw her cheeks turn red a couple of times, but he dismissed it as anger.

Harry was also growing to dread, and love at the same time, the hours he spent in Professor Trelawney's stifling tower room, deciphering lopsided shapes and symbols, trying to ignore the way Professor Trelawney's enormous eyes filled with tears every time she looked at him and Jilly.

The reason he loved the classes, was because her classroom was always so warm and quiet that Jilly almost always dozed off on Harry's shoulder. He would be lying if he said he didn't want her to. It was the only good part of that class.

Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown had taken to haunting Professor Trelawney's tower room at lunchtimes and always returned with annoyingly superior looks on their faces, as though they knew things the others didn't.

They had also started using hushed voices whenever they spoke to Harry and Jilly, as though they were on their deathbed.

The annoyance seeped off Jilly in waves, and it was quite noticeable. She was now avoiding the two whenever she could, but that was hard.