Chapter 5 ✎

"Sorry for waking you, sleeping beauty,"
________________________

Third Person POV

Harry and Jilly were both up late last night talking, and had both fallen asleep on the couch in their sleepy state.

Jilly's head lay on Harry's chest, their legs were tangled together, and Jilly had cuddled her head into his side.

Jilly sat up, her hair shining pink from embarrassment. Quickly throwing a blanket over Harry, she got dressed.

As she was about to double-check her trunk, his voice called over to her. "Morning." He said in a groggy voice.

"Morning!" Jilly yelled over to him.

"What are you doing, it's so early." Harry rubbed his face.

"Sorry for waking you, sleeping beauty," Jilly laughed at her own joke. "it's not early. Quarter to ten."

Harry gasped and shot up. "Relax, we still have over an hour!!" Jilly opened her trunk.

He rushed into the bathroom, completely ignoring her statement. He barged out a few minutes later, pulling his shirt down as he did.

Their eyes met for what seemed to be an eternity before Jilly went back to check-listing items in her trunk. Jilly saw him snatch his toothbrush from the corner of her eye, before running back into the bathroom.

She took a few deep breaths and rubbed her now burning cheeks.

"Well, that was interesting..." Hedwig chirped from the corner.

"Yes indeed." Ash agreed.

"Oh shut up you two!" Jilly yelled at them.

When Harry finally came out of the bathroom, Jilly flushed. Rolling her eyes at her giddy behaviour she busied herself.

Harry was persuading a disgruntled Hedwig to get back into her cage when Ron banged his way into the room, pulling a sweatshirt over his head and looking irritable.

"The sooner we get on the train, the better," he said. "At least I can get away from Percy at Hogwarts. Now he's accusing me of dripping tea on his photo of Penelope Clearwater. You know," Ron grimaced, "his girlfriend. He's hidden her face under the frame because her nose has gone all blotchy..."

Jilly laughed. "Let me help, Harry." Jilly talked to Hedwig for a few seconds, making a deal with the bird before Hedwig went into her cage.

"We've got something to tell you," Harry began, but they were interrupted by Fred and George, who had popped in to congratulate Ron on infuriating Percy again.

They head down to breakfast, where Mr. Weasley was reading the front page of the Daily Prophet with a furrowed brow.
Mrs. Weasley seemed to be telling Hermione and Ginny a story about a love potion she had made as a young girl.

All three of them were rather giggly. "Later.." Jilly muttered to Harry, before joining them, starting to giggle as well.

"What were you saying?" Ron asked Harry as they sat down.

"Later." Harry muttered as Percy stormed in.