Chapter 4 ✎

"IF I STAND STILL IT'S GOING TO EAT ME!!"
__________________________

Third Person POV

Harry and Jilly ate breakfast each morning in the Leaky Cauldron, where they liked watching the other guests.

Funny little witches from the country, up for a day's shopping; venerable-looking wizards arguing over the latest article in Transfiguration Today; wild-looking warlocks; raucous dwarfs; and once, what looked suspiciously like a hag, who ordered a plate of raw liver from behind a thick woollen balaclava.

After breakfast, Harry and Jilly would go to Diagon Alley.

They spent the long sunny days exploring the shops and eating under the brightly coloured umbrellas outside cafes.

Harry and Jilly decided to do schoolwork outside Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor, finishing all their essays with the occasional help from Florean Fortescue himself.

Apart from knowing a great deal about medieval witch burnings, Florean Fortescue gave them both free sundaes every half an hour.

"Looks like you don't get to pay after all." Harry smirked in triumph.

"Oh piss off." Jilly angrily muttered, sending him a glare to which he only laughed at.

Jilly had to make sure Harry didn't spend all his money at once. She had to keep reminding him that he had five years to go at Hogwarts, and how it would feel to ask the Dursleys money for spellbooks.

Every time he would give her puppy dog eyes, she would scold him like a toddler and he would huff and cross his arms.

One day, they were walking past Quality Quidditch Supplies, where a crowd was gathered around a display window.

Curious to know what the crowd in the shop was staring at, Harry and Jilly edged their way inside and squeezed in among the excited witches and wizards until they glimpsed at a newly put up podium, on which was mounted the most magnificent broom they had ever seen in their lives.

"Just came out- prototype-" A wizard was telling his companion.

"It's the fastest broom in the world, isn't it, Dad?" Squeaked a boy a lot younger than Jilly, who was swinging off his father's arm.

"Irish International Side's just put in an order for seven of these beauties!" The proprietor of the shop told the crowd. "And they're favourites for the World Cup!"

A large witch in front of Harry and Jilly moved, and they were able to read the sign next to the broom

THE FIREBOLT

Harry didn't like to think about how much gold the Firebolt would cost. He had never wanted anything as much in his whole life.

As soon as Harry turned to Jilly the first thing that came out of her mouth was a sharp, "no, Harry."

He knew that she would keep saying no, but annoyed her about it anyway.

"You have never lost a match on your Nimbus 2000, and what's the point in emptying your Gringotts vault for the Firebolt, when you already have a good broom??" She reasoned, linking their arms and dragging the whining Harry away.