Chapter 15 ✎

"You are the biggest shit of the year Percy, no, the century!!!"
________________________

Third Person POV

"All those times we were in that bathroom, and she was just three toilets away," said Ron bitterly at breakfast the next day, "and we could've asked her, and now..."

"Calm down Ronald, I can go ask her...somehow.." Jilly sighed.

"Well good luck," Harry brightly said, taking some eggs from Jilly's plate.

"You know you have your own eggs!!" Jilly playfully glared at Harry's shining green eyes.

"Oh I know, but taking yours is much better." Harry innocently smiled at Jilly's annoyed face.

Ron cleared his throat awkwardly and Harry laughed. Jilly hastily changed the subject.

"I-I went to visit Hermione...but Madam Pomfrey wouldn't let me in..something about no risks.." Jilly said sadly.

"We better get to class." Ron muttered, a few minutes later, sighing.

Something happened in their first lesson, Transfiguration, that drove the Chamber of Secrets out of their minds for the first time in weeks.

Ten minutes into the class, Professor McGonagall told them that their exams would start on the first of June, one week from today.

"Exams?" Howled Seamus Finnigan. "We're still getting exams?"

There was a loud bang from behind Harry as Neville Longbottom's wand slipped, vanishing one of the legs on the desk he was sitting at with Jilly. Jilly let out a yelp, falling over.

Professor McGonagall restored it with a wave of her wand and turned, frowning, to Seamus who was helping Jilly up. Harry felt that same bubbly feeling but blamed it on the exams.

"Oh no, Oh no- oh no-" Jilly started repeatedly whispering, turning paler and paler every time she said it.

"The whole point of keeping the school open at this time is for you to receive your education," she said sternly. "The exams will therefore take place as usual, and I trust you are all studying hard."

"Studying hard?! WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN A WIDE EYE POTION!!" Jilly violently shook Seamus back and forth.

It had never occurred to Harry nor Jilly that there would be exams with the castle in this state. There was a great deal of mutinous muttering around the room, which made Professor McGonagall scowl even more darkly.

"Professor Dumbledore's instructions were to keep the school running as normally as possible," she said. "and that, I need hardly point out, means finding out how much you have learned this year."

Harry looked down at the pair of white rabbits he was supposed to be turning into slippers. What had he learned so far this year? He couldn't seem to think of anything that would be useful in an exam.

Ron looked as though he'd just been told he had to go and live in the Forbidden Forest.

"Can you imagine me taking exams with this?" He asked Harry and Jilly, holding up his wand, which had just started whistling loudly.