Chapter 8 ✎

"Seriously?? You're scared of going into the girls' bathroom?! You fought a troll!!"
_______________________

Third Persons POV

"What's going on here? What's going on?"

Attracted no doubt by Malfoy's shout, Argus Filch came shouldering his way through the crowd. Then he saw Mrs. Norris and fell back, clutching his face in horror.

"My cat! My cat! What's happened to Mrs. Norris?" He shrieked.

And his popping eyes fell on Harry and Jilly.

"You!!" He screeched at them. "You both!! You've murdered my cat! You've killed her! I'll kill you! I'll kill you both!! I'll-"

"Argus!"

Dumbledore had arrived on the scene, followed by several other teachers. He took one look at Ms. Norris. "Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately."

All the people, the most fasted being Hermione, Ron, Harry and Jilly starting scrambling away.

"Thank Merlin-"

"Everyone except you four."

Harry, Jilly, Ron, and Hermione froze, and slowly turned around. "Spoke
too soon.." Jilly grimaced.

"She's not dead, Argus, she's just been petrified.." Dumbledore calmly said.

"So unlucky I wasn't there!! I knew exactly the counter curse that could've spared her!"

"Did you now?" Jilly rolled her eyes, annoyance and sarcasm lacing her voice. Dumbledore looked to Lockhart who immediately shut up.

"But how she has been petrified I cannot say." He continued.

"Ask them!! It's them that's done it!!" Mr. Filch said, pointing to Jilly and Harry.

"You saw what they wrote on the wall!!" Mr. Filch cried.

"It's not true sir!! We never touched Mrs. Norris!!" Harry yelled.

"Rubbish!!!!" Mr. Filch screamed.

Jilly looked carefully up at the wall. "This is Dark magic, none of us could have done it, even if we tried!" Jilly yelled back, and once again, not only Hermione and Ron this time, but also Harry noticed her eyes flash a dangerous red.

"If I might, headmaster, perhaps Potter, Rosewood and their friends, were just in the wrong place, at the wrong time," Snape said walking towards the four.

Jilly's mouth fell open. The children all exchanged looks of disbelief. Snape?? Standing up for them??

"However, the circumstances are suspicious"

Of course.

"I, for one, don't recall seeing Potter and Rosewood going back to Gryffindor dormitories after dinner."

Snape whipped around to face Lockhart, who started speaking.

"I'm afraid that's my doing, Severus, You see Harry and Ms. Rosewood we're helping me answer my fan mail!!"