27.

Jack's POV

"Mason, would you stop messing around with your tie?"

"I just don't like the way you tied it."

"It's perfectly fine, and your fidgeting is making me anxious."

"Yeah Mason, who're you trying to impress?" I added.

He snapped his mouth shut and stared down at the floor when I made my remark.

Was his girlfriend coming to the wedding?

Awfully suspicious that Daniel hadn't mentioned anything about her attendance.

"So, you think Peg's gonna get cold feet?"

"Don't even say that Jack. The last thing I want is to jinx myself today."

"C'mon man, you know I'm just kidding around."

He gave a bleak smile and continued to fidget with the laces on his shoes. I pulled him up by the shoulders so he was facing me.

I knew he was thinking about Steve, and how much Peggy had loved him.

He always compared himself to the supersoldier, never allowing himself to make the mark.

"Sousa, she's smitten."

He nodded, too choked up to say anything.

"Now can we get this over? Weddings are too emotional for me."

"Or too scary."

"What's that supposed to mean, Sousa?"

"Oh, ya know. That wedding ring I saw you tucking in your pocket-"

I clamped a hand over his mouth before he could say another word.

"Don't say what I know you're going to say. Just..be quiet and walk down that damn isle."

We waited patiently at the altar, at least Mason did.

Daniel was too consumed by nerves, and I was too busy looking for a woman that could be Mason's girlfriend.

I spotted Stark chatting up one of Peggy's friends, and Jarvis seemed to be in an excited state of mind. He had a royal time getting to help plan this wedding.

Out of the corner of my eye I thought I caught a glimpse of a figure peeking into the chapel, but my eyes quickly latched onto the procession of women walking down the cool stone flooring.

"Oh, wow," I heard Daniel whisper.

I had to admit, Peg did look gorgeous.

Happy, too. A beaming bride.

Melody caught my attention, and she mouthed at me, "Daydreaming?"

I shook my head and smirked.

"About you," I mouthed back.

The vows went on smoothly, Daniel had practiced his about a hundred times. Rings slipped on fingers, soft murmurs of 'I love yous' lingered in the air.

Before I knew it, the priest pronounced them married and they were skipping off to the waiting car outside.

We cheered them on as they hopped in, the cans attached to the back clattering as they rode away.