Chapter 6

I woke up out of breath and scared out of my mind. I just had a nightmare and it was nothing like I ever experienced before. Keaton took control of me in the dream and he started getting abusive. I looked around the room and noticed it was almost 1:30 anyways so might as well get up and go see Wes. I slipped on a pair of leggings and my Uggs while putting on a random sweatshirt I found on the floor. It wasn't mine though. I took another look at it and found out it was Keaton's. I shrugged and walked downstairs opening the door quietly and stepping out. I looked in my front lawn and saw a figure standing there. As I walked closer I soon found out it wasn't Wes. It was Tyler. "Tyler? What are you doing here? Where's Wes?" He smiled and pulled me close. "Oh I called you here." I was honestly scared at that point and just wanted to get the hell away from him. "Tyler let go of me." I said in a demanding but scared tone. He laughed and said "No no baby girl." while kissing my cheek. "I'm not gonna just let you go so Keaton can take you away from me." I started kicking him and hitting him trying to escape but he had the tightest grip on me. "Keaton!...Keaton!...Keaton help me!" I yell while trying to get away from him. Tyler puts his lips to my neck sniffing and taking in my scent. I push him away and he growls at me. "Stop!" He yells in an almost inhuman voice. I saw him look up and followed. Keaton came running out in nothing but his boxers and Wes slowly following after but in a pair of shorts. Keaton pushed Tyler away from me and growled at him like a dog. Wes grabbed me while Keaton and Tyler just stood there and growling at each other "Keep her safe." Keaton growled as Wes nodded, holding me tighter. I couldn't help but stare at my boyfriend who was going crazy. In the blink of an eye he turned into a monster. I couldn't believe what had happened and all I could think of was RUN. So that's what I did. I screamed and ran to my house charging through the door and running up to my bedroom. Wes followed after me and I slowly backed away from him. "Get away from me." I said quietly trying not to wake my sister and mom. Wes stands by the door with his arms out showing he wasn't gonna hurt me. "Sky I'm not gonna hurt you. Neither is Keaton. He just wants to protect you." I look around the room frantically and try to find a logical explanation for this. "What? How? But? Werewolves aren't real. They can't be. This is just a dream. Yeah this is all just a crazy dream." Wes comes and sits at the edge of my bed. I back away a little more and say "Wes what's going on?" He nods and says "Okay I'm gonna explain everything you just need to know that me and Keaton are not gonna hurt you. Ever." I nod and let him explain. Just then Keaton walks in, in a pair of shorts. He runs to me, trying to give me a hug but I back away still sceptic. He gets the most disappointed look on his face and says "Sky I won't hurt you. I-I just wanna protect you." Wes grabs his arm and says "Give us a minute." Keaton walks out slowly and Wes turns to me. "Okay Sky, I know you're scared but just let me explain." I nodded and he continued. "Keaton and I are werewolves for the River Moon pack and I'm the pack leader or as we call it Alpha. Because Keaton is my brother he is the Beta which means if something happens to me then he is next in line to be the Alpha. Us werewolves are very territorial and that's why Keaton was like that. It basically his job to protect you because well you're his mate." He paused and I said "Mate? What does that mean?" He smiled and said "Well it's like how you guys say a soulmate but it's more complicated." I nodded and said "But what if I'm not really his mate?" He laughed a little and said "Its not like a yes or no question that you are his mate. The wolf in him tells him you're his mate. He really has no choice." I nodded again and he continued "Tyler believes that you are his mate but you're not. He's never had a mate before. A mate wouldn't be like that they would protect you and help you not take you away from someone. But he thinks you are his mate and he's going crazy. Trying to take you from Keaton. Also that same thing with Shay. She thinks Keaton is her mate but he was never like this toward her, like he is with you..." He took a long pause but soon continued "I'll explain more later but for right now you need to go by Keaton. All he ever wanted to do is protect you and you are afraid of him. His wolf is probably dying inside." I nodded a bit confused still but walked to the door opening it and walking to the living room. Keaton was standing in the middle of the room with his hand on the back of his neck. I didn't even make a sound as I went downstairs and he already knew I was there. He turned around and I ran to him jumping in his arms and wrapping my legs around his waist. "Thank you." I whisper while I embrace his warm body on mine. I understand. I finally understand why he's been like this. He hugs me tighter and says "I'm never gonna let anyone hurt you. Ever." We sat there for a few minutes feeling more connected then ever before. He looked over at Wes and mouthed something but I don't know what. Wes came over to us and said good bye before walking out the door. Keaton carried me to my room and set me down on the bed gently. I rolled to my side and Keaton got in beside me. "What are you doing my mom would flip if she caught us sleeping together." I said turning to face him. "Shh go to sleep. I'll be gone before you're mom wakes up." I nodded and went to sleep a few minutes later.