Chapter 8

He took my hand as he got ready to explain. "Well no because Drew isn't part of our pack." I gave him a confused look and he continued "We met Drew when we were younger. We promised when we got older we would join our packs. Or at least work separately but if any of our packs needed help we would join together. So basically now our packs are one but doing our own work."

I still was a bit confused and said "Work what do you mean by 'work'." He sighed and said "Well every pack has paperwork the Alpha needs to fill out. We are filling out our own work but are basically together. Our pack gets on really well with the other pack so that's good..." I nodded and said "I still am a bit confused about the mate part."

He smiles and says "You're my mate which means I'm meant to be with you and you're meant to be with me. If I'm not around you for a while I start to go crazy. Wanting you right by my side all the time. I need to know that you are safe...I just worry about the little things like, did you eat enough, did you drink enough water, did you lock the doors when you go to sleep, are the windows locked also. You know stuff like that and if I don't know all of that I need to go to you and figure out if you did that stuff...That's why I always ask if you could come over or if we could do something. I can't last a day without you..."

He took a long pause but then continued "Listen this next thing I'm about to tell you may sound weird but just bare with me...You know how if you love someone a lot you...Ya know." I nodded and laughed a little at his awkwardness and he continued. "Well we do the same but there's more to it...I need to mark you."

I gave him the weirdest look and said "Mark me like what X marks the spot or something...Oh no you're not gonna tell me you're a pirate now are you?" He laughed and said "No beautiful, marking is where I bite you on you're neck. It's basically a symbol to all other werewolves saying you're mine."

I nodded and sat there for a second taking in everything he just said to me. He took my hand and brought me downstairs. I looked around the living room for Grace and she wasn't around. "Um Wes where's Grace?" I questioned. "Oh she wanted to go home because she was tired. You guys took forever up there."

I nodded and said "Keaton was telling me about everything." Wes nodded and we sat down next to him watching him play video games. "Keats, Drew is coming over in a few minutes...We should tell him she knows." Keaton nodded and said "Yeah that's a good idea."

A few minutes later Drew walks in the door saying "Knock! Knock! Wes what did you wanna talk about?" He takes a seat next to him "She knows." Keaton says quietly. Drew gets a confused look and says "Knows what?" "That were not human." Drew's eyes get wide and says "What?! How did she find out?!"

Keaton puts his head down and says "Drew...Tyler tried taking her from me... I had to protect her." Drew nodded understanding and said "What was Tyler doing?" "He tried taking her in the middle of the night but Sky shouted for me...I just couldn't control myself...Seeing her scared...And his arms around her...I was so mad I just..." Drew put his arm on Keaton's shoulder and said "Keats it's okay. I understand. She's you're mate you have to do what you have to do...You know how Tyler is...You could mark her you know."

Keaton flicked his head up and said "No!...Well not yet at least...Let her be a normal human being for as long as she wants." Drew nodded and said "I would mark her if I was you bro." Keaton shook his head and said "Not yet. If I do she will have to be by me all the time..Or at least a lot of the time that is." Drew nodded and Keaton went upstairs. Drew turned to me and said "Did Keaton tell you about marking?"

"Yeah Keaton told me." I say nodding. Keaton comes back down and says "Wes where's the keys?" Wes gives him a confused look and Drew says "Where are you going?" "The pack house. Now where are the keys?" Wes pointed to the kitchen and said "Counter." Keaton came to me and took my hand leading me to the side door that leads to the garage. We hop in the car and head to the 'pack house' whatever that is.