0.1

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 | "𝐖𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞."

—The sound of the waves crashing in the background was something Sage always loved since she was little, it calmed her. The sun was starting to hide meaning she had spent a couple of hours sitting on the deck without company, she didn't want to go back to the victor's village, she didn't want to go back to her reality.

A couple of steps hitting the old deck took her out of her trance, someone was approaching her.

"They promised" Sage mumble when Finnick sat by her side in the deck.

"I know" he responds while putting his arm around her shoulders and pulling her towards him.

The Quarter Quell had been announced that same day a couple of hours earlier, every victor was waiting to train maybe 20 new tributes, never imagine that they were going back.

"On the 75th anniversary, as a reminder to the rebels that even the strongest among them cannot overcome the power of the Capitol, the male and female tributes will be reaped from their existing pool of victors."

After that pray left president snow's lips she knew that she was going back, she couldn't leave Mags or even Annie to participate, she knew what the games made to them, she was going back.

"I'm going to participate" the brunette blurt out while turning her head to face Finnick, she wanted to watch his reaction.

"What? No, you are not going back" the golden boy wasn't having the best reaction to the sudden news that the girl he loved give him.

Finnick Odair was in love with Sage Abernathy since the first time he saw her with her piggy tails walking on the shore of the beach recollecting all kinds of shells she could find, meanwhile, Finnick and his father were out to catch some fish and he saw her, they both were like 10 years old at the time starting their friendship only a year later.

"Do you think I'm going to let Annie or mags, volunteer? not, look at them they can't go. they just can't" hot tears were rolling down the Girl's cheeks, she felt defeated.

He wanted to hold her in his arms and tell her everything it's going to be fine, but they knew it wasn't going to be that way, the first moment they were involved with the capital they knew there was not look back.

"Let's go home, mags and Annie were looking for you," Finnick said softly while taking her hand and taking her home.

They walked slow, really slow both knowing that their reality was a nightmare, this type of things were the ones that make her miss her mom and dad more than anything, she was alone of course she had Finnick, Mags, or even Annie but it wasn't the same, she wanted her parents.

When they arrived at the victor's village she felt weird, she wanted to hide in her bed and never come out, they both step inside the Abernathy's house making them take off their sweaters and hanging them on the entrance.

"Come on I'll make some tea" the golden boy proposed making his way towards the kitchen of the girl but before she could move from her place the doorbell rang.

"Dad?" A confused sage asked, what was he doing here? He didn't look too good.

And then it hit, her dad was also a victor, they both could go into the arena and never see each other again, the hot tears started again which make her sob more than she could imagine.

When Finnick heard her, he ran towards her and catch her in his arms before she could reach the floor, picking her up and taking her to the nearest couch, with the 50th hunger games victor following the pair.

"It okay," her dad told her while hugging her and letting her cry on his shoulder, Finnick decided to give them some privacy so he left the room after leaving her on the couch.

"We-we are going back" she stated while letting more tears roll her face. "I'm volunteering for Mags and Annie."

"I know," Haymitch Abernathy told his daughter while passing his fingers through her hair.

Haymitch Abernathy hated to see her daughter like that, he hated that every time they saw each other was because of the stupid games, everyone in the capital knew that that pair was lethal inside of the arena, but both knew that that only was is going out.

"I'm here to propose you something. both of you" the older Abernathy started while took a sip of his liquor.

When Finnick came back with two cups of tea he decided to sit behind Sage on the couch making her relax at his touch and lean on his chest listening carefully to what her father had to say.