I am yours now, respectfully

By Sareru

inspired by this song

Bloc Party - Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcaIC0W3HvM

Work Text:

I am yours now, respectfully

I am yours now, truthfully

"Dude, chill!," Scott said as he tried to tug Stiles' fingers away from his collar and bow tie.

"I CAN'T!", he got as a pretty loud reply. Loud and almost aggravated. Stiles was stressed out of his frikkin mind, because everything was supposed to be perfect. Except it wasn't.

His dad was running late, there was no goddamn food and he was so nervous that he was about to rip his pants in half or whatever.

And Scott was laughing at him, trying to fix the mess that was Stiles' bow tie.

"Stop laughing, go get in the kitchen or something!" Stiles was looking in the mirror and at the already fading hickey on his neck that Allison'd been trying to cover up with her make-up. And she'd sprayed goddamn hairspray on it so it wouldn't immediately rub off on his collar. Ugh, disgusting smell, really.

When the door opened, Stiles was sure he'd die from a heart attack, except Jackson stuck his head inside and said, "The sheriff's here."

Instead of Stiles answering, Scott let out an excited "Oh!" and immediately disappeared after Jackson.

And Stiles began fumbling with his bow tie again. How were you even supposed to get that shit right?! With his hands trembling like this!

He was SO little away from just running off now.

Not even a minute after Scott left, Stiles' dad knocked and came in.

"Dad!" Stiles blurted out, a little too fast and too loud.

"Hey, son," his father said, smiling and taking his jacket off. "Sorry I was late, but you know it. Things will always go wrong when you least want them to."

"I'm just glad you're here in time... I'm sweating like a pig, oh my god," Stiles muttered. "Except pigs probably don't sweat at all. What animal even DOES sweat? ... Oh my god, I sweat like a human..."

His dad didn't even answer that question (partly because he didn't know the answer), but just like Scott he started undoing and redoing Stiles' bow tie while his son silently mumbled on.

"Son," he said after a while. "I guess we're supposed to have some kind of serious talk now about life or whatever. And I guess your... your mom would probably talk your ear off and on again because she was too excited and... when we were where you are now, she was so nervous that she accidentally kicked one of her shoes out of the window and it hit me right in the back."

"Dad, you..."

"No, let me finish that one, Stiles. God, she never even got to know about your nickname. But... what I was trying to say, is... we... promised to be true to each other in good and in bad times, in... sickness and health..." (Stiles' father actually wiped away a little tear in the corner of his eye, and Stiles wasn't far from doing the same) "And we did. And you actually happened to us and... you were the best thing that could actually happen to us. Because when your mom died, I still had you. And it made things a little easier. And you two... I know you've been through a lot together already, and still you managed to make it to this day. And that's why I know that you will be a damn good pair."

Stiles chuckled.

"Okay," his dad said as he looked at the perfectly knotted bow tie approvingly. "Ready?"