All In

By:

myredturtle

Summary:

Scott finally pulls a a stunt so boneheaded that Stiles can't think of any way to get him out of it. Hoping to outrun the fallout, he packs up his father and they move to Canada. Unfortunately, nowhere is safe...

Chapter Text

Stiles' friendship with Scott went through its last death throes on his first trip home from University.

When Stiles made the decision to accept a full ride scholarship offer - rather than go to the local community college - he knew that it was inevitable that he would be excluded somewhat from the pack.

However, he had specifically chosen to study close enough to Beacon Hills so that it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to go home if he was needed for emergencies. He had told Scott this.

Scott had insisted that he understood, and promised that he would consult Stiles before attempting anything magical.

After Lydia had declared that she no longer wanted anything to do with supernatural business before leaving for Stanford, Stiles was left as the sole competent researcher the pack had. He was also the pack member with the best magical contacts, since Deaton wasn't considered pack.

The last thing Stiles had expected to discover when he came home for Christmas was that Scott had teamed up with Chris Argent, and that together they had resurrected Gerard Argent.

Scott came over to invite Stiles to join in with the pack bowling night, which was incidentally something that Stiles had already been planning to attend, since he assumed he'd automatically be invited. Apparently not, it seemed Stiles now needed the official invite from the Alpha.

When Stiles mentioned the lack of crazy supernatural action while he had been gone, Scott had mentioned - in passing! - that Gerard had been very useful since his resurrection.

"What the fuck, dude?" Stiles said, torn between shock and anger. "Gerard was resurrected? Who the hell did such a monumentally stupid thing like that? Wait wait, he's been helpful? You did this? What part of 'consult me before performing any magic' did you not understand?"

"You were better off out of it," Scott explained somewhat testily. "You should get out of this supernatural freak show while you still can. It was best to let you settle in, make ties elsewhere."

"So, you decided that it was up to you to make these decisions on my behalf, did you?" Stiles was vaguely surprised there weren't actual flames coming out of his ears, his anger was so red hot. "And while you were on such an epic wonderful decision making roll, you thought it would be a good idea to resurrect a genocidal maniac?"

"We needed access to his knowledge," Scott said, his jaw set stubbornly. "I'm the Alpha, it was my decision to make."

"Oh my god, can you even hear yourself?" Stiles yelled, feeling helpless in the face of Scott's obstinacy.

"Chris made sure that his father will be kept under his control," Scott went on, as if Stiles hadn't said anything. "We were helpless against the Furies, and we needed answers fast. Chris was back in town, so we talked and agreed that Gerard was our best option."

"The Furies?" Stiles gaped in shock. What the fuck had been going on while he was away? It was only his first semester!

"They killed Jono - the newest member of my pack, you never met him - and passed a message through Isaac that they would be performing a 'more thorough cleansing' at the next full moon," Scott explained, although he looked annoyed at having to do so. "We needed answers in a hurry, and since Deaton didn't have any I went to Chris."