27

"I think it getting late you should take baby Eva home I will take a cab home also" I said to Kellan as we sat on a bench under one of the willow trees at the zoo.

It past 4pm and the zoo is still packed with both tourist and locals, Eva is fast asleep and she is still on my lap, Kellan removed his shirt and used it as a wrapper around her.

He looks so damn hot in his black tee, a lot of girls couldn't keep their eyes away from him. I couldn't help but to feel jealous and protective.

"Yeah you are right, let me carry her." Kellan said offering to take her away from me, even in her sleep she refused to part ways with me.

When Kellan forced and took her away she opened her eyes and began to wail, curious eyes turned to look at us.

Evan stretched her hands towards me, shaking-and crying, I immediately took her back into my hands and she kept quite, looking at her dad like he is a stranger.

"I'm so sorry for disturbing you Mackenzie , she normally isn't like this, she actually is a well behaved girl I wonder why she is acting like a spoilt brat." Kellan said, truly upset with the behavior of his daughter.

"Hey don't say that, judging by her actions I know she is a well mannered girl, I bet her nanny to is and is very strict, about you apologizing for disturbing me, don't worry I actually love kids. And what did you call me Mackenzie that the first time I heard my real name come out of those lips of yours" I said bumping my shoulders with his.

We walked silently to the car since he insisted on dropping me off. We talked about a lot of things and eventually Veronica popped up.

It turned out that she was his childhood friend, her parents worked for his parents so they literally grew up together.

"Do u feel anything for her aside from friendship" I asked him looking out at the window Eva was still asleep.

"I actually don't see her as a lover or something, I have always considered her to be a friend and that what she is to me, so don't worry yourself" Kellan said tapping my forehead.

I winkled my nose at him as we laugh together,  I never knew I could ever laugh again after all those years.

"Do you want to go out with me tomorrow afternoon there is this brunch  my mum's friend invited us to but don't want to go alone" I said looking straight ahead.

He didn't say anything for sometime and I grew more nervous and embarrassed because I was rejected coldly.

He didn't tell me he wouldn't go but his actions spoke louder than his words.

"Don't mind me, I will skip that cause I didn't actually want to go, I said but deep down I was upset about it.

"It not that, tomorrow is Eva's parents death anniversary so wanted to go there, actually for the past three years Veronica and I have been visiting the grave together on their anniversary" he said still not taking his eyes of the road.

Why do I feel like I'm in competition with Veronica when ever it comes to Kellan, although I never made my thoughts known to him, I just hummed an answer and went back to sightseeing although I know this places like the back of my hand.

"Do you want to go with us?" He surprised me by asking.

What should she do?

Should she go or not.

Don't forget to vote and leave your comments

And hey guys don't forget to follow me so you don't miss any announcement concerning this book or anything