31

I didn't know anything about the deceased expect they where Eva's parents, but the look on Kellan's face spoke a lot.

He missed them so much that I could see the tears he was trying to hide I don't know if it from me or Veronica. Probably from me, cause I'm sure Veronica has been with him through his worst times considering their relationship.

Eva who didn't know anything at her age was bored, you could tell from how she was fidgeting, waiting gave her a feeling of restless. She turned and toss in her seat, the Barbie Doll she was holding couldn't give her the comfort she needed

Veronica on the other hand seem to be lost in her own little land of thought s, from the little information I have gathered she used to be friends with the deceased but not as closed as Kellan was to them. They all grew up together Veronica's parents where workers at Kellan's house.

After our visitation Kellan drove us back to the hotel, I could feel he was keeping something from me, in fact he totally looked like an alien from another planet. He looked so angry but trying to hold back, any kid will be scared of his face, thank God Eva is asleep she would have asked thousands of questions.

But he looks hot as always, he was spotting some facial hair, his eyes look sullen, the tension in the car was so high, as if Eva knew what was going on she never bothered to say a word.

I sincerely didn't want to come between Veronica and Kellan but looking at things if I don't stand my ground she will snatch him from me.

Right under my nose just like how Fabiola did to me 3 years ago. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even know we've arrived at our destination.

The soft touch of Kellan brought me back to reality. I forced a smile at him and I'm sure he didn't buy it.

"Wait for me in the car, I'm taking Eva inside" at the mention of Eva I turned to look at the toddler sleeping soundly in her car seat.

I guess Veronica took the lead, that explains why Kellan was carrying her himself.

But I didn't like the tone of his words, he seem harsh and angry, what could have gotten him so worked up like that.

I decided to check my phone for any miss calls or messages. I got one from my secretary, and 3 messages. One from mum, two from unknown numbers.

"Think about what I told you, I will be due very soon, I still insist you be the god mother of my baby ❤️❤️❤️ Fab" I was so annoyed with that text.

I decided to move on to the next one.

"I can't stand it, you being in his hands, he gets to hold you and kiss and it kills me with jealousy I can't wait to have you with me tonight 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰" I was a little bit perplexed with that text.

Who could have sent it, I decided it was a spam when I tried deleting a voice startled me.

"Deleting a text from your lover" a groovy and angry voice said, I turned to side where I heard the voice and I inhaled deeply.

Like a deer caught in the spot light there is nothing I will say or do that will get me out of this.

I closed and opened my mouth not knowing what to say or how to react.

"Kellan it not"

"It not what I think"

"I swear it a spam"

He sneered at me, I flinched involuntarily and tears clouded my vision. Kellan must be moved by my tears cause he sighed loudly and brushed his hands in his hair.

He was looking at the window, and for some strange reasons I feel guilty for trying to delete the message without showing it to him.

It been ages I know, I know and I miss you guys to. Thank you for not giving up on the book I promise to update more often.

Don't forget to vote and leave your comments it really means a lot to me.

Follow me for updates on this book and any of my other books. Don't forget to recommend to friends and family

The book hasn't been edited so pardon any mistakes you see corrections and criticism are welcomed insults are not