Chapter 11 - Second Show / Mom, Meet Crystal

Night two of their trio of performances. So much had happened since the first one, but the girls were ready for another successful show. Especially as Gigi's mother would be in the crowd for this one. Gigi paced around her trailer, glancing at her phone nearly every few seconds for a text saying that she was here. Meanwhile, Crystal twiddled her thumbs in anticipation, like a kid waiting for presents Christmas morning. They each felt a sense of nervous excitement yet played it off in different ways.

Gigi's phone finally lit up with the message she was waiting for. "She's here," Gigi gasped. "Well, technically walking over to the trailer now."

Crystal couldn't help but clap her hands excitedly. "Yay, this is it! You've got it, Geeg. Remember, this is good news we're sharing."

"Yes. Exactly. Oh my god. Ah!" She fumbled with her words as she worked to compose herself. As she did, the girls heard a gentle knocking on the door. Gigi snapped back into focus, beaming as she opened the door for her mother. She nearly toppled down the front steps as they threw themselves into the biggest hug.

"MOM!" Gigi cried happily as she greeted her mother inside. "I've missed you so, so much. I'm over the moon that you're here tonight."

"And I'm over the moon that I get to see my Gigi and watch her perform." She planted a motherly kiss on Gigi's cheek. "I'm one lucky mom."

Crystal peaked out shyly, just a few steps behind Gigi. Her giant purple wig quickly caught Gigi's mother's attention.

"Oh my goodness, Crystal! It's so amazing to finally meet you." Gigi's mom lovingly took Crystal in her arms, hugging as if they had known each other forever. "You are just as beautiful in-person as you are in pictures."

"Awww, thank you so much, Mrs. Goode" Crystal blushed at the compliment. "You look very lovely yourself."

Gigi wringed her hands out of both joy and apprehension for the news she was about to share. Once these words were said, there was no going back.

"Hey Mom, I have something really incredible to tell you," Gigi beamed, pursing her lips bashfully as she glanced towards Crystal. "Crystal and I are dating. We've been together for a little over 5 months now, and it's just been so amazing."

There it was. Their little world had just expanded to include another person in-the-know. Adding that extra bit of realness to their relationship. It felt like more of a relief than Gigi could have expected.

"If I'm being totally honest, I'm not surprised at all," Gigi's mom chuckled. "The way I've heard you talk about Crystal gave it away ages ago. Like that old saying goes, Mom knows best."

She motioned her arms for another group hug, lovingly embracing Crystal and Gigi. "I am so, so thrilled for you both." The biggest grin crossed Gigi's face. She knew how lucky she was to have such a caring and supportive mother.

"So are you two doing a number together this weekend or what?" Gigi's mom laughed, genuinely excited to see them perform.

"Maybe not tonight, but never say never" Gigi quipped, not wanting to reveal too much about the night's show. Even she couldn't have predicted what lied ahead.