Chapter 30

Darkness.

Nothing but darkness.

Everywhere I would turn was dark. Just a great big black void. I didn’t know where I was. I had no idea why I was here and how I would get out.

Damn it, not this again.

It wasn’t the same thing as last time though. I couldn’t hear the burbling sound of the river. I couldn’t hear anything. Where the hell was I this time?

I tried moving around even though that was probably a lost cause. It was strange though. I was able to move. There was no telling where I was, but I could move around the area.

Another discovery was made. I was barefoot. There probably was no good reason why, but my feet were completely exposed. It was quite helpful though. The ground was easier to feel that way. It felt like grass. I was somewhere with grass.

I continued walking.

Bump!

“OW!” I shouted.

And that was something hard. I reached my arms out to try and figure out what it was. Hard, bumpy and it extended out in different directions…

Yeah, I just realized what I said. I wasn’t being inappropriate though.

Putting that aside, I had figured it out. It was a tree. I walked a little further and reached out and found another one. I was somewhere that had grass and a bunch of trees. What-

“Help!” I heard a familiar scream again. I turned around quickly.

“Alec?” I yelled back. Obviously there was no answer. I tried looking around and I couldn’t see him. “Alec!”

Still nothing. I walked a little further into the direction of the screaming. Well, at least I thought it was the direction of the screaming. Everything was still dark.

“HELP! SOMEONE HELP!”

“ALEC!”

I started to run. I didn’t know where and I didn’t know what was in my way, but I just kept running. I called his name a few more times. No answer.

Do I really have to go through all of this again?

“ALEC!” I yelled once more before crashing into something hard. I fell to the ground. I had no idea what that was but it almost took my head off. I was about to get up when something wrapped around my arms and legs and pulled me down. I tried to feel around. It kind of felt like vines were constricting me. They continued to wrap around the rest of my body. There were starting to choke me. I was losing my breath very quickly. I could barely feel the rest of my body.

“HELP! COLE! HELP ME!”

“Ahhhhh!” I screamed, as I fell off of my bed again. “Ow!”

I seriously need to stop having these nightmares. They’re getting pretty messed up. Could they mean something though? I really hope they didn’t. They were too freaking creepy. I hadn’t told anyone about them either. It was best to keep something like this a secret. I didn’t want people to think anything of it. I didn’t want to think anything of it.

So I won’t.

Today was the last day of school before break. Tomorrow morning we would be leaving for Miami. Oh, and don’t worry about my Saturday school. Since it is gonna be break, I won’t have to attend until after everyone gets back. See, teachers don’t even want to be forced to be at school and Saturdays either.