Chapter 7

MATT'S POV

After I had left Mike's place, I called everyone to meet me at my house. I know something is wrong, I can feel it in my gut. He seemed surprised to see me standing there at his door. And when I asked him my questions, he seemed to have to think extra hard on some of his answers. He almost had me believing him at one point. But when he told mentioned the story about Ember needing time and space from all of us, and a "Road trip"?. Ember doesn't GO on "Road trips". That bastard is lying and i'm going to find out the truth.

Adam: "So, why did you call us all to your house man?".

Avory: "Yeah!, what's up". You were so vague with me on the phone, it's freaking me out here Matt".

Katie: "Did something happen Matt?". "Are you ok?". "C'mon, spit it out". "Tell us what the hell is going on".

Stassi: "All I have to say is this better be important, because I missed a nail appointment for this".

Avory: "Hey, where is Ember?". "Why isn't she here for this?, shouldn't we wait for her?.

Matt: "EVERYBODY SHUT THE HELL UP AND I'LL TELL YOU!". "First off, i'm fine". "And Stassi you can alway's rebook a "Nail" appointment". "And Ember is the reason I called you all here". "So if you shut up and listen, I'll tell you".

I say the part about Stassi a bit sarcastically and roll my eye's at her. They all instantly go quite and stare at me in complete shock at a visibly stressed out Matt. In a soft low voice Adam asks.

"Matt buddy, talk to us". "What's going on?". "What about Ember?, where is she?".

I take a minute to gather my thought's before I speak. I need to make sure that I get this right, I can't forget about anything.

I say the first part in a low whisper, then pause for a split second, then continue.

"That's just it, I don't know where she is". "Adam, remember the other day when we went to check Embers place?, and I called her".

"Yeah man!". "You talked to her that day, what about it?". "Wasn't she with Mike or some shit?".

"Something doesn't feel right, I can feel it in my soul". "When I was on the phone with her the other day when we were at her place, she was more quiet than usual". "And when I asked certain questions she hesitated". "And at one point it sounded like she pulled the phone away from her ear like someone was telling her something".

"When I called her the other day to, it sounded like she was hesitating". "I offered to bring her some soup and she practically begged for me to not come over there, she was worried about germs".

I looked at Avory with a concerned look in my eye's, then continued talking.

"Then I decided to go over to Mike's place to see if he knew anything more about Ember". "He was pretty sketchy, hesitating alot and thinking really hard about the answers he gave me". "Then he fed me some bullshit story about her getting her car back early, and wanting to take time and space away from everyone to go on a "Road trip" as he so nonchalantly put it". "And to not worry about her, that she would be fine". 'When has Ember ever gone on a "Road trip or wanted space from everyone?".

When I was finally done telling them everything that Mike had told me, they were all in shock. Mouth's wide open just staring at me.

"That can't be right?". "She wouldn't just take off without telling anyone where she was going". "That has to be wrong". "He's lying".

"That's what i'm trying to say Avory".

"This is complete madness, what the hell is going on?". "Where is she Matt?, where is our girl?".

"I don't know Katie". "But Avory is right, she wouldn't just up and leave us without saying anything". "We need to figure this out".

I turn and look at Stassi watching her, wondering what she is thinking. She's been awfully quiet tonight.

"Stassi, we haven't heard from you yet?". "What are you thinking?".

"I'm thinking that you are right Matt". "We have to be smart about this". "(IF) he has her by chance we have to get her, we can't make any mistakes with this, and that's if you haven't already spooked him now".

"Do you really think that happened Stassi?".

"We can't rule any possibility out Matt".

I look down at my hands wondering if I just fucked everything up.

"Ok, first we need to start watching both their places I think". "He has to slip up at some point". "Don't you think?".

"I agree". "We also need to think of a plan". "(IF) he has her we need to be ready to save her, and hope it doesn't back fire on us". "Also for this to work we need to all act as normal as possible, like we aren't on to him". Can you all do that?, Can you all act like nothing is wrong?".

"It will be difficult but i'm in, let's find our girl and bring her back to us".

"Stassi and I are both in". "We aren't backing down from that asshole".

They hold each other's hand and Stassi nods in agreement.

Throughout the night i've been noticing both Adam and Katie sneaking peak's at eachother then looking away when they look in each other's direction, I'll have to talk to Adam and see what that's about. Adam told me awhile back that he had a thing for her, but obviously hasn't done anything about it. They're both being childish about it, but then again I shouldn't talk, i'm still hiding my feeling's for Ember.

"Adam!, are you in bro?".

"Huh!?, what?". "Oh yeah, what kind of a fucking question is that?, of course im in". "What kind of friend would I be if I tucked my tail and ran like a little bitch?". "I'm not a person who back's away from a fight, especially when it's for a friend'.

"Good then its settled". "But remember, we have to be as natural as possible". "Or we won't have the upper hand, or the element of surprise on him to catch him off gard'.

We all agree and hang out for the remainder of the night just bullshitting and brainstorming ideas, then they head home. I really hope that this work's. And then when we have her back i'm never letting her go. Because once she is back, she is mine. Nobody will hurt her ever again, not on my watch.

                                  AUTHOR NOTE

Could there be a spark between Katie and Adam?, read on to find out.... Keep reading to find out what happens next. Please remember to comment and vote if you like my stories. I appreciate your continued support and patience. Love you all. 💕