Chapter 12

KATIE'S POV

I left Matt's house chasing after Adam trying to catch up with him.

"Hey Adam!, wait up". 

He was moving pretty fast, like he was on a mission.  

"ADAM!". "Jesus Christ, would you stop". 

He whips around looking at me with so much anger in his eye's.  

"What do you want Katie?".

"I". "I wanted to make sure you were alright".

"I'm FINE!".

He say's the last word with such hostility toward's me.

"HEY!". "Don't you dare yell at me". "I am not the one that you are angry with, and I am not your punching bag". "GOT IT!".

"Did you know?".

"Excuse me?".

"Did you know Katie?, About Mike!". "Did you get a feeling to that Ember could be in danger?".

"What!, no Adam I didn't know". "I only found out just after you did".

He looks at me softening the hard features in his face and sighs.

"I'm sorry I yelled Katie, i'm just so worried about Ember". "Where is she?".

"I don't know Adam, but we are ALL worried about her". "That's our girl".

Adam leans in and gives me a consoling hug, god his hugs feel amazing. When we let go there was a feeling of something new, something i've never felt before. Something almost forbidden even.

Why did that feel so strange this time?, our hugs have never felt like that before. Before he pulled away, it felt like he had tensed up for just a split second too. Was he feeling the same way as me?. And god does he ever smell amazing. I could get used to that smell.

"I forgive you".

"Thank you Katie!.

I look at Adam shyly.

"Want to go grab a coffee or something?".

He gets this strange look on his face.

"Actually!!, I have something better in mind, come on!".

He grab's my hand and it send a shock through my hole body again. Holy fuck!, I wonder if he's feeling this also. He drags me by the wrist to his truck and gestures for me to get in.

"Where are we going Adam?".

"You'll see".

He drives for a bit, about twenty minutes or so. He stop's infront of an apartment complex and turns his truck off.

"Where are we Adam?".

He opens the door looking back.

"My place!".

He step's out of his truck and closes the door behind him walking around to the passenger side door, he opens it.

"Shall we?". "After you".

He winks at me as I get out and shuts the door behind me, what was that?. I brush it off and walk to the door. He takes his key's out and opens the door.

"After you!".

He gestures for me to go in and I walk past him immediately into a lovely kitchen/livingroom combo.