Chapter 13

TRIGGER SCENE'S

                         OFFICER LANE'S POV

It's been a total of four week's since I first started this case, four Damn week's!. We did a follow up visit and checked Mike's house and place of employment a second time and i'm STILL not any closer to figuring out where she could be. When we searched his place we came up with nothing. NOTHING!, where does this asshole have her?. There has to be a second location he took her to after Matt went to his place. I wish he hadn't of done that, it just makes my job that much harder now.

I've been leafing through these files over and over again, and by now it all just looks the same. It's a shit show honesty. I'm sitting at my desk on the phone, ON HOLD with some asshole pencil pusher who doesn't give a shit if we find Ember or probably whether she lives or dies. I wish I had the ability to reach through this damn phone so I could ring his bloody neck.

I finally finished my call, still not satisfied with the conversation. I look down at my desk, and there is a file i've never seen before. I thought it got mixed in by mistake, which would of been the filing departments fault, but before I go bitching to them I decide to leaf through the file anyway.

"No shit!, how did we miss this?". "CHIEF!". "I need to see you RIGHT NOW, please!".

"What is it Lane, i'm busy".

"Chief, I found something that you need to see regarding the unsolved missing girl case".

He walks over clearly annoyed that I pulled him away from his busy morning.

"WELL!, show me!".

"See sir!, right here". "It's a person in Mr. Mitchell's past". "It say's they filed a report for harassment, then retracted their statement". "A Ms. Noland, but why would she retract her statement?". "Weird!".

"Is there an address or phone number?".

"Yes sir, her address is listed in Langston county about an hour away from here". "I looked it up on a map and it show's a pretty secluded out of the way area". "I also tried looking for a phone number for her but it was unlist which is weird because why would she need an unlisted number". "Unless you were trying to hide from someone, maybe Mike perhaps!?". "There is no public record of her except in this report sir". "Should I pass on this new information to her loved one's and give them an update?".

"Not yet". "Take a trip up to Langston county and check out this new lead, see if she will ever talk with you". "No sense in giving false hope".

"On it boss!".

The chief goes back to what he was doing before I interrupted him. I gather my thing's and head out as I think back to four week's ago, we had notified Embers parent's just after I was called in on the case and let them know what was going on with their daughter. They flew back from their vacation right after, and have been waiting by the phone for any news ever since.

I snap out of my thought's walking out of the station.We finally have a lead!.

I normally hate road trips, but this one is important. This one has to be done, for Miss Willis. So we can find her and bring her back safe and sound.

HOUR AND TWENTY MINUTES LATER:

I was right. The road trip took about an hour. Then another twenty minutes to actually find the house because it was tucked away in a secluded area and really hard to find.

I walk up to the dark secluded house and up the front porch, I take a deep breath and then knock at the door. I'm not sure what I'm going to find, but here goes nothing.