Chapter 9

AVORY'S POV

"Matt!, where is she?". "It's been week's now". "Why haven't they found anything yet?".

Matt look's at me with the saddest eye's i've ever seen, the kind of eye's where you would think he lost his entire world, but let's be honest, he has. Ember, was his everything. Everyone could see it in the way he looked at her. You would have to be a fool to not see it.

"I don't know, Avory". "I'm so worried about her". "She's probably feeling so alone and scared".

It's been three week's since, Ember went missing and we are no closer to finding her, no leads. The police are investigating but have come up with nothing as well. They went to question, Mike and searched his house and his place of work, but came up with nothing. Maybe he wasn't lying, maybe she really did take some time for herself. It's hard to believe that she would want time away from her friend's though, I just can't quite wrap my head around that thought.

"You don't really believe what, Mike said about her needing time and space was true do you?".

"I don't know, Avory". "I don't know what to believe anymore". "I don't want to believe it, but what other evidence do we have that tells us otherwise".

"We don't have any, that's the problem". "He's been so careful not to make any mistakes".

"I know it's hard, Avory but we just have to be patient". "They will find her and bring her back to us".

FLASH BACK TWO DAY'S AFTER DISAPPEARANCE:

                                     MATT'S POV

                  KNOCK ON THE DOOR.

"Come in officer". "My name is, Matt and this is, Avory".

Avory and I decided two day's after, Ember went missing to call the police because we were the last two to talk with her, so we had the most information to give. Avory, doesn't say anything as he enters my apartment and shakes both our hands.

"Hello, Matt, Avory". "I am, officer Kevin Lane". "What can I do for you today".

We tell him everything that's happened so far, from the night of, Ember's birthday bash up until now. He writes down every detail and then takes down all our personal information and the information of our other friend's so he can talk to them as well and see if any details were left out. We walk him to the door and shake hands and say our good-byes.

"Thank you, I will take this information and contact the other's and get started with everything". "I assure you we will not rest until your friend is found safe and sound".

"Thank you, Sir". "We really appreciate everything you are doing to help".

Avory thank's the officer as well.

"Yes, thank you very much officer".

He gives her a warm smile then turns and walks out the door.

                     END OF FLASHBACK

So it's been another week since Avory was at my house and a month now since my sweet Ember went missing. Still nowhere close to finding her, no god damn leads.

"DAMMIT!". "Where the HELL is she?".

It's getting harder and harder for me to control my anger over this hole situation. Anybody look's at me wrong and I just want to punch them in the face. I actually got into a fist fight right in the middle of the grocery store over 'Milk'. Yes!!, you heard me, I said 'Milk'. Only because it was the last one and I wanted it, I of course won the fight. Asshole anyway!.