Chapter 17

MATT'S POV

It's been two week's since the night that Ember finally told me what had happened to her,I was in complete shock as she had also told me that when she was at the court house, she had also learned that Mike was Infact actually twenty three and not eighteen or nineteen like he had originally told us, but despite all that she seemed different. More at ease, freer!.

We are getting snacks and drink's ready in the kitchen because today, Ember will get to see everyone for the first time in month's. She asked me the other day if we could, and I figured since she brought it up that she was ready.

She's been more at ease lately. She let's me hold her hand now without pulling it away. She's alway's grabbing for me to make sure I'm still there, I think it's a security thing or something. We cuddle more. She's more affectionate toward's me. She's let me start to use pet names again only if I use her name first or if she's ok I don't have to use her name first, unless she tells me that she's uncomfortable with it then I don't at all, but for the most part she's fine.

"Ember hunny, go get ready".

"Yeah, ok".

A few minutes later.

"UGH!, MAAATT!".

She walks back out into the livingroom.

"What happened Em, are you ok?".

"Yeah!, but I need new clothes".

I look at her with furrowed brows.

"Uuum!". "No you don't Ember, you have a hole closet full of clothes".

"But those are my old clothes, from the old me". "Pleeeeease Matty!".

Those damn doe eye's, I sigh.

"Fine!, We'll go shopping tomorrow". "But I hope you know, I am only doing this for you. I hate shopping!".

She bounces on her tippy toes with a huge grin on her face.

"Thank you Matty".

"Now go and get changed". "And don't call me that, or I will tickle you".

I run after her, and she squeals as she runs back to the bedroom.

"MATT, DON'T YOU DARE!".

"ROOOOAR!".

I roar at her as I chase her down the hall to the bedroom, just missing the door being closed and I slam into it hearing her giggle on the other side.

"HURRY UP, THEY'LL BE HERE SOON!".

"OKAAAY".

She used to cower at loud voices or noises of any kind, but she's been getting a bit better with that when i'm yelling for her. But if it's anyone else, she still reacts.

I have a bit of a dilemma though, I haven't gotten around to telling Ember that Adam and I are still not speaking. I guess I probably should have told her this already, considering it's been over two month's. I just hope he can put differences aside for Embers sake. And I hope there is no tension that she picks up on.

I am pulled out of my thought's when Ember finally comes out of the bedroom, my jaw instantly drops.

"Ember, you look incredible!.

She alway's blushes at my compliments.

"Thank you, I just have some touch-ups left then I'll be out".

(DING DONG)

"THEY ARE HERE HUNNY, HURRY UP!".

"OK, BE RIGHT OUT!".