Chapter 14

MATT'S POV

It's 7am and i've been sitting at work on my computer now for the past hour. The reason i'm here early, I can't stand being in that damn apartment for any longer then I need to. all I see is visions of that tormenting dream I had of Ember, and then of Mike's taunting ringing in my ears,It's deafening. And THAT is why I am here early.

I'm sitting here trying to write out this damn proposal for this deal next week, but honestly all I have is two sentences written. finally I slam my fists against the desk.

"DAMMIT!, Focus Matt". "You need to get this done". "Maybe a quick coffee break would do me some good".

I log out of my computer, and stand as I am grabbing my thing's, then head for the door and close it behind me. I walk to the elevator and push the button for the lobby. When I reach the lobby I head for our cafe, I put an indoor cafe in my building so that it would be quicker and so my employees wouldn't waist to much time walking somewhere to getting their coffee's.

I order a latte and find a seat. I brought the paper with me to read while I enjoy my drink, looking up every so often to admire the people walking by.

RING RING

I heard the phone ring. But I wasn't paying attention and thought it was someone else's phone at the next table, my nose still in the paper.

RING RING

I look around realizing that i'm the only one in the cafe, my phone ring's a third time.

RING RING

I look down at my phone flashing, immediately picking it up.

"Yes!!, hello?". "This is Matt speaking".

"Mr. Price?".

"Yes!?".

"This is officer Lane".

"Oh!, yes". "What can I do for you sir?".

"Can you come down to the station?".

"Well i'm at work right now sir". "Is it important?, i could stop by after work?".

"Oh,well I have some impatient information about your friend.

"About Ember?, I'll be right there".

I get up and hang up my phone not giving him a chance to finish. I collect my thing's off the table and make my way to the parking garage and hop in my car. Now, what would normally take me about a thirty minute's drive to get to the station, has only taken me approximately fifteen minute's. I didn't break any road law's or ignore any street signs if that's what you are thinking. I pull into the station and hop out of my car. I go to the front desk and ask for officer Lane.

"I'm looking for officer Lane?".

Before the receptionist has a chance to answer.

"Matt!".

I turn around to see Officer Lane leaning against the door frame to what i'm assuming is his office.

"Hello sir!".

"I wasn't expecting to see you already". "Come in my office so we can talk".

He gestured for me to come in, and sit in one of the chair's in front of his desk.

"Thank you sir". "You said that you had important information on Ember?". "I couldn't wait sir".

"Yes!, well we've followed up on a lead and we are pretty confident that we know where she's being held".