Chapter 16

Approximately two Month's Later.

                                       EMBER'S POV

It's been approximately two Month's now, and I am doing alot better. Don't get me wrong I still have my bad day's, panic attack's. But, Matt is alway's there to help me through them. Some day's the PTSD is so bad that I can't even get out of bed but like a trooper, Matt is alway's right there with me, holding me as tight as he can until I can regain control again. I am really thankful that I have him in my life, and I think that I may actually be starting to care about him, maybe!.

The court date was set for three week's after everything had happened including being saved. Matt didn't want me to go, but I had to watch that bastard go to jail. I had to see him be put away after what he did to me. Matt and the other's wanted to come, but no fucking way was I about to let them come and listen to what that bastard did to me that hole time that I was gone. It was bad enough that the officer who saved me had to be there to hear it. He told, Matt that he would keep me safe. Matt didn't like it, but no way was I going to let him listen to all the gory details of what I went through.

Mike tried to plead insanity from the loss of his parent's, but the judge and jury although they were sympathetic to his loss saw right though it and it was a pretty straightforward case. I stayed just long enough to get the verdict and left, I couldn't sit there any longer with his eye's piercing through me like he still owned me, craved me. That smug smirk on his face when he saw my reaction to his true age. I hate to admit, but he still had control over me at that point.

Being back in that court room setting I was once again placed back into being that scared timid little girl I once was all over again. Even with him being placed behind bars and being in cuffs it still effected me. Mike got 10 year's for kidnapping, and an additional 5 year's for rape. So my understanding from what the judge said is he get's a total of 15 year's to life, with a possibility of parole after 15 year's. I got up and ran out after I heard the ruling.

I had made an agreement with, Matt that he could come with me, but he had to wait in the car outside. When I ran out of the court house and got in the car he took me home.

"Want to talk about it?".

"Not really, not right now. I just want to forget".

The ride home to Matt's place was silent after that, yes I still live with Matt. A month after everything happened, my parent's came to see me.

                             (FLASH BACK)

"Sweetie!, you're dad and I just think that you should come home and be with us now". "You are doing so much better now sweetheart".

"Really, Mom!?". "I'm doing better!". "You're not around for the bad dream's, the night terrors, the panic attack's, the not knowing if I'm going to be taken against my will again". "YOU DON'T FUCKING KNOW MOM!".

I know that I shouldn't of yelled at her like that. And I know she didn't deserve it, but the reality of it was that they just really don't know the entirety of the situation.

"Ember, sweetheart". "That's enough!". "Do not yell at your mother, we just miss you". "We think you should come home with us sweetheart, be a family again". "Matt can still come and see you".

And THAT, right there. Is the other reason I won't go home. The "Pet names" THE GOD DAMN PET NAMES!. I completely lost it after that on BOTH of my parent's, Matt ran back in the room to see what the hell was going on. He had given us some privacy to visit, but when he heard me screaming at the top of my lung's he was in the room in a flash. He had to get them to leave.