Chapter 23

~~~Selena~~~

"Oops! I--I'm so sorry!" Grover stammered as he stood by the door. I can see he wanted to crack a smile, but I'm guessing Percy was glaring at him.

"What's taking them so lo--" I heard a voice walk towards our room and Annabeth stopped in her tracks.

I immediately pulled myself away from Percy and muttered, "Give me a few minutes to use the bathroom."

I ran with my bag in the bathroom inside the room and slammed the door shut, embarrassed that Percy and I were found in a position inappropriate for other people to see.

~~~Percy~~~

"We need to go, I just checked the newspaper and it says the last ship at the harbor's gonna leave today at five pm. And with our diffiulty in proper transportation, I think we should get going." Annabeth said, sounding obviously annoyed.

"Yeah yeah," I rolled my eyes as I packed up our stuff. Thalia had already packed breakfast to eat on the way, along with some human money and drachmas.

Selena came out of the bathroom and said, "Ready?"

*Highway going to the Miami Harbor*

~~~Annabeth~~~

I balled my fists to keep them from pulling my knife and cutting Selena's head off. She and Percy had been walking ahead of us, laughing and joking around.

"Looks like they're nicer to each other." Thalia commented.

"Too nice." I said shamelessly. I didn't bother making sure Grover can't hear me cause he has a pair of headphones in his ear that he had taken from Medusa's lair.

"I still think you should tell your feelings to Percy." Thalia encouraged.

"So that I can get my heart broken?" My voice dripped with sarcasm. "No thanks.

Thalia sighed and I immediately regretted my tone. She's the one who's always been here for me, and I was being rude. "I'm sorry..." I looked at my shoes. "I'm just so confused right now."

"I understand." Thalia patted my shoulder.

I gritted my teeth, trying not to make a comment on Percy and Selena happily walking ahead of us.

~~~Percy~~~

I couldn't stop smiling as Selena and I walked side by side, my hand bumping into hers every now and then. Every time she smiles, it seems that nothing can be more beautiful than it. My hand kept twitching at my side, daring me to hold Selena's hand. But I was cautious. I didn't wanna ruin our perfectly comfortable relationship with my impulsiveness. We walked with comfortable silence for a while, and I wanted to know so badly what she was thinking. Is she wondering about how close I am? Does she want me to move away? Is she comfortable with me?! DOES SHE FINALLY LIKE ME?!

"You okay, Percy?" Selena's worried voice broke through my thoughts.

I laughed nervously and said, "Yeah. Just a bit hungry."

"Me too." She smiled. "I see a restaurant nearby, wanna eat there?"

"Is it safe from monsters?" Thalia called from behind us. I wonder if she and Annabeth heard our conversations...

"I don't smell any." Grover said helpfully.

"Let's eat then." I grinned and led my friends into the restaurant.

Unlike Medusa's restaurant, this one actually had a lot of customers. The waitress from behind a counter smiled and asked, "Table for how many?"

"Five." Selena said. The waitress checked a clipboard and frowned.