Chapter 15

*Athena Cabin*

~~~Selena~~~

"Wow, your cabin sure looks...organized." I said as we entered the cabin. On one side of the wall the beds lined up while on the the side shelves of books and trunks of armor and weapons are lined up.

"Here," Malcom opened a trunk with his name on it and laid out a map on the floor. I squinted my eyes at the tiny details.

"Do you mind if I borrow it for a while? Or if you want I can make a copy instead." I said, not taking my eyes off the map that may lead me to Serena.

"Sure, why do you need it?"

I faked a smiled at him and said, "Just curious about it."

*Aeolus' Cabin ; after dinner*

~~~Selena~~~

I memorized the copy of Malcom's map just in case I lose it. I stuffed it along with my clothes in my duffel bag and zipped it shut. My plan is to leave at midnight, where all the campers are sleeping, and begin my journey to the underworld. I hid my bag under my bed and looked around. Loneliness swept me when my green-gold eyes passed Serena's bed.

Don't worry, sister. I shall bring you back from the underworld.

I had read from Greek Mythology that a lot of heroes have done this. I just hope I can be one of them...

~~~Percy~~~

I laid on my bed and thought about last night, when me and Selena were lying on bed peacefully, and for once we weren't bickering at each other. I need to see her...there's this feeling of wanting her...but I need bring her a gift...

I went to the lake and dove in. I searched the deep waters until I found the perfect gift. I swam at the bottom of the lake and picked up a beautiful clam shell. Despite the dark waters, it shone in my hands. I smiled and swam to the surface. I didn't need to change cause I didn't get wet when I swam--another advantages of being Poseidon's son.

I then went to the Aeolus' cabin and knocked softly on the door. Selena opened it and smiled.

"Hey." I grinned.

"Hey." She let me in and I immediately sensed something different but I ignored the feeling. Nothing was gonna ruin this night.

"Uhm...can I help you with something?" Selena rocked on her heels.

"I...I wanted to give you this." I handed her the clamshell. She carefully traced it with her fingers, as if it might break.

"Thank you," she smiled, "but what is this for?"

"Uh...a peace offering maybe?" I blushed.

Selena's reaction suprised me when she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me. It took me a moment to realize this and I hugged back, happy that everything was going so well.

"Thanks, Percy." She laughed and hugged me tighter.

*Later*

~~~Selena~~~

"Bye Percy!" I called and he waved.

I closed the door and took out the clamshell from my pocket. I smiled to myself and thought, he sure is nice at times. Suddenly, an image of Sister Anna flashed in my mind and I closed my eyes. No, I thought. I can't. I can't care for others. I won't get hurt again. I placed the clamshell in the bottom of my duffel bag, wrapped in apink cloth. I glanced at the clock. It was a few minutes till midnight. I might as well prepare. I quickly changed into my grey turtleneck, jeans, and boots. I took out the map and reviewd it, then placed it in my pocket with my paper fan. I took my duffel bag in one hand and my black coat in the other. I then set out into the darkness of the camp during night and watched out for any campers, or worse--Chiron. As I exited the gates I turned back and smiled

sadly. I never knew I would leave the one place I call home.