Chapter 32

~~~Selena~~~
I fidgeted in my wedding dress as I stared in a mirror. In a matter of moments I would be married to Luke. I always wanted to get married, but I never imagined it would be Luke.

During the times I've spent with Percy, I cringed at his name, I would usually fantasize about our wedding day. I would plan out the colors, the theme, the place, the food, and guests.

What I didn't plan was getting married to my kidnapper in the middle of the ocean.

I didn't plan crying on my wedding day (And not tears of joy).

And I definitely didn't plan having evil monsters as my guests.

I sighed and felt another sob forming in my chest. I had to admit, I looked glamorous with the fancy dress and make up. But if just felt so wrong.

I've obviously never been married in my life, and nor have I been to a wedding. But I'm pretty sure brides don't wish that they were dead on their wedding day.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, and I was pulled out of my reverie. I glanced at the clock and was surprised to find out that I've been staring at the mirror for a full 30 minutes.

A creature half man half bull, a Minotaur, came in and indicated that I was about to walk the isle.

I gave a stiff nod and he left, grinning a stupid smile before he closed the door. I breathed in and followed him and soon I found myself walking down the isle. Tears welled in my eyes as I approached the altar. It was tears of sadness.

Time seemed to speed up for some reason. Why is it that when you're waiting for something to happen, time purposely slows down for you. But if you don't want something to happen, things feels like they're going a thousand miles per hour.

My knees stiffened more as I neared the altar, where Luke was standing proudly.

And despite everything that's happened--deep down in my heart--there's still a living part of me that wants Percy to be waiting for me in a tuxedo, smiling that idiotic smile that I've always loved about him.

Soon, I found myself at the front of the altar. I was about to take Luke's hand when there was a loud bang behind us. I turned and felt tears form, but this time they weren't tears of sadness.

There, down the isle, standing in front of a large hole, was none other than Percy,  Thalia, Grover, Annabeth, and a figure I didn't recognize.

I gasped and dropped the bouquet I was holding. "Percy!"

"Selena!" His face broke in a grin and I immediately felt like all the weight of my shoulders was lifted. I ran down the isle, feeling my body regain the energy that had drained earlier, and jumped into Percy's arms.

"Percy!" I cried, hugging him tightly. Hot tears fell one after another as I pressed my face against the crook of his neck. I couldn't believe he was actually here.

"Selena," he gently pulled away and gave me a passionate kiss. As our lips touched, I felt like renewed and recharged, as if Percy passed his energy to me.

I felt my cheeks burn and he said, "I really missed that blush of yours, you know."

I grinned and hugged him. "Oh I'm so sorry, Percy! I thought you don't love me anymore, which is why I'm marrying Luke!"

Percy tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and said lovingly, "It was all a misunderstanding. I'll explain everything later. For now, we have bigger problems."

I turned to the altar, barely remembering that we weren't alone, and saw Luke with what appeared to be intense hate that made his scarred face look even more terrifying.

"How dare you!" He growled and pulled out Backbiter, the sword that can kill both humans and demigods. I pulled out my fan when I saw someone next to Grover.

"Serena." I growled, feeling my knuckles grip my fan so hard that it might break.

"Sister, I--"

"Don't call me a sister." I said through my teeth.

"Selena, don't!" Thalia stepped in front of her.

"You're defending her?!" I yelled, feeling the winds around me gather.

"It's a long story! We'll fill you in later." Percy repeated. "For now, we have bigger problems. Literally." He indicated towards a monster about 20 feet tall. I took a deep breath and looked at my friends.

I looked into my love's eyes and said, "Percy, if we ever don't survive this, I just wanna tell you that I'm glad that were dying together."

He smiled that idiotic smile of his and said, "The feeling's totally mutual."

I grinned as I took his hand and together, we did what we were born to do.

We fought.