Chapter 11

~~~Selena~~~
I turned to look at the girl Percy was looking at and felt a sick sensation of anger in my body. I am not jealous! I kept repeating these phrases as I battled the monster. I saw the girl whom Percy call Thalia point her spear towards the monster and a blue current of electricity shot out, electrifying the monster. She must be Zeus' daughter that Annabeth told me about.

~~~Annabeth~~~
I'm so glad Thalia's back! We're gonna be able to defeat the monster more easily now--not that I can't defeat it on my own. There's just more power in numbers. All around me, chaos was happenening as the campers surrounded the monster. Apollo's kids were firing arrow after arrow at the monster but it just bounced back and I could tell the monster didn't feel a thing. The Hephaestus' kids were firing huge cannonballs that they made, but like the arrows of the Apollo kids, it bounced back. "Stop throwing the cannons!" I yelled to one of the Hephaestus' kids. "It just bounces off and it might hit one of the campers!"

They nodded obediently as I thought of a way to destroy the invincible monster. Surely, this beast has a weakness. But everyone had attacked at every angle of the monster, but it just didn't work. From the corner of my eye I saw a figure with dark brown layered hair that went down to the middle of her back. Serena. I met her expressionless eyes and she immediately fled. I abandoned the battle and quickly followed her. I heard my name being called by almost everyone but didn't dare turn back. If I do, I might lose Serena. She has a lot of explaining to do. First of all, cabin 13. Second, where the hell was she? And perhaps she knows how the monster got in. After all, only a monster can come through the protective barrier of the camp if summoned by an insider. It's not like I suspect her...okay maybe I do a bit. But I want to know her side of the story! I jumped in a thick bush when Serena turned to look back. I didn't dare breathe for ten seconds. I peeked from behind the bush and stared in disbelief. She was gone! If she fled, I should've at least heard her! Ugh! It's pointless to look for her now, not with the battle with the monster.

~~~Selena~~~
With my fan, I collected the wind around us and did what I did to the other chariot racers earlier: I made a tornado. Everyone around me held on to something stuck in the ground as the tornado whirled towards the monster. Even though the wind was going at least 100 miles per hour, I wasn't even pushed back or was sucked in the tornado. Well, I hoped the monster would get sucked in. But I don't know where to direct the tornado if I ever catch the monster! The tornado was about 5 feet away from the monster when I saw the monster grab a camper with dark brown hair and green-brown eyes.

"Serena!!!" I yelled. I saw her look at me with frightened eyes. With one swing of my fan the tornado vanished. "Serena!!! I'm coming!" I jumped on the monster's knee, and bounced up to its shoulder. I slowly crawled towards the monster's hand where Serena is. I noticed the other campers were holding their breath and not daring to fire any weapons.

"Selena! Be careful!" Malcom and Percy yelled at the same time. They shared a glared at each other and turned back to me.
I was almost to the hand and was about to grab Serena's hand when the monster roared and flung it's hand. I was thrown off in the air and as I fell, I realized that even though I was a daughter of a wind god, I have no idea how to use the wind to stop my fall. I had no other option but to scream as I fell. As I fell I realized too that the monster flung me towards the lake to get rid of me. So I might not die as I fall due to a heart attack, but I might drown. I closed my eyes as I hit the water and I don't know if it was my imagination or not, but I thought I saw Percy's face in the water before I passed out.

~~~Percy~~~
I am so glad right now that I'm Poseidon's son. When I saw the monster threw Selena towards the lake I quickly ran to the lake and jumped in. I saw Selena fall and swam towards her. She was unconscious. I breathed in the lake to control myself from hunting down the monster and killing it. Selena and I were about 30 feet below the surface. And I don't know if I can make it up in time before Selena loses oxygen. I swiftly made an air bubble underwater that can fit mine's and Selena's body and controlled the water to push us towards the edge of the lake. I nervously felt Selena's pulse and felt none.

"Damn it." My eyes stung as I clutched Selena like a fragil baby."Damn it, Selena! Don't you dare die on me!" I yelled at her unconscious body. "I am not going to be held responsible for your death!" I didn't realize we reached the edge of the lake till I felt the wind blow on my tear stained face. I quickly wiped my face and carried Selena out of the water.

"Oh, no." Annabeth placed a hand over her mouth and Thalia stared at the ground. Malcom tried to take Selena away but I snapped, "Get away." My tone must've frightened him, for her backed away as I carried Selena to the infirmary. I will never, ever, forgive myself if she dies. Never.