Chapter 1 : First Encounter

Author's POV

We are at the ancient Egypt, in the last moments of the fight between the Pharaoh Atem and Zork (A/n: I meant to say, exactly at the time after Atem resummoned the Three monster Gods and they were combined into Horakhty)

Atem : "Now Horakhty, disperse the Darkness!!!", as soon as he said that Horakhty used her ultimate move Sublime Light (A/n : I used the English subbed version of the anime) and proceeded to obliterate Zork.

As Zork was being obliterated, his bright red eyes were filled with anger and before he was completely destroyed, he used every last bit of his power that he had to cast on Atem a permanent dark curse. He knew he was going to die, but he wanted the Pharaoh to suffer for it.

Everyone was oblivious to Zork's dark curse and they were happy that they were free from his darkness. That was until they saw that Horakhty had disappeared without a trace and Atem was on his knees, clutching his head in pain, as if it was about to explode.

Priest Seto : "* sees that the Pharaoh is down clutching his head and approached him * Your Majesty, are you alright?", he asked him. His eyes were filled with worry about the life of his ruler, but when the Pharaoh turned his head towards him, he gasped in sheer shock and backed away. The Pharaoh's eyes were crimson red.

Yugi : " * sees that Atem is grunting in pain and slowly starts to grow bigger, by the time * A-Atem, a-are you alright?", he said to him stuttering in fear, because the Pharaoh started to grow bigger in a faster pace.

Atem : " * looks at Yugi and the others * Get away from me, I don't want to crush anyone of you accidentally ", he said to them as he was taking one shaky breath after another, closing his eyes begging for this unfathomable pain to stop. Even in probably his most painful moments, he cares about all of them.

Only some minutes had passed and his growth started to decrease in speed and eventually stop. When he was about 100 feet tall. He opened his eyes and tried to get up. Everyone gasped in fear seeing him like that, most of the citizens of his kingdom, including some of his thought-to-be- friends were running away screaming things like "MONSTER" and "GIANT".

General : "Archers, aim your weapons against him and the rest of the soldiers evacuate the citizens that are close to him", he said and some of the archers even tried to shoot him as Atem tried to shield himself.

(A/n: Play the music on top of the chapter)

Yugi : " * looks angrily towards the soldiers * CAN'T YOU SEE THAT HE IS NOT TRYING TO FIGHT BACK OR TRY TO ATTACK YOU!!! ", he shouted towards them, causing even Seto to flinch from the volume of his voice .

Priest Seto : " * looks with the same anger in his eyes as Yugi towards the soldiers who kept on hurting Atem * HE MIGHT BE BIGGER, BUT HE IS STILL YOUR PHARAOH!!!", he said to them and to his and Yugi's surprise Atem kneeled on one knee and said to them.

Atem : "Then I should not be the Pharaoh anymore", he said to them, keeping his voice as low as possible, so he's not going to hurt their hearing, making Seto and Yugi to gasp in surprise from what they heard him saying.

Priest Seto : "What?! You can't be serious about it my king, Egypt needs you.", he said looking up to meet Atem's eyes, worry and concern had begun to fill him.

Atem : "* shakes his head, a look of sadness is in his eyes * This is where you are wrong, Seto. *sees that Priest Seto and Yugi are looking at him, their eyes are wide in surprise * The people of Egypt will need a new Pharaoh to rule them, not someone who they are terrified of. So, from this day and on Seto (A/n :He meant Priest Seto), you will be the new Pharaoh of Egypt. Please protect my people like the previous Pharaohs before you. "