Newfound Playground Friend

(The pic above was drawn by me, it's me hugging dipper and yes I get screamed at a lot and sometimes it's for no reason.)

I was playing alone on the play ground at recess because I didn't really have any friends. I was hanging upside down on the monkey bars when I saw a boy. He looked a little sad and lonely, he seemed to be staring at the ground, watching the twigs that lay still. I slowly got off the piece of equipment and cautiously walked over to him, looking down most of the time.

"Umm... H-hi..." I stuttered.

He looked up at me slightly, and I could tell he had tears in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked with concern on my face.

He looked back down and sniffled.

"N-nothing." He mumbled.

I sat down next to him and tried to change the subject.

"So, what's your name? My name is Mikayla." I asked him, slightly smiling.

"My name? U-uhh, it's dipper." He replied in a whisper.

Dipper... I liked that name.

"That's a neat name! Dipper.. Hehe, it's fun to say." I said giggling a little, he smiled slightly and then frowned again.

"You.. You have a pretty name..." He said, blushing a bit.

"R-really? Everyone says my name is meaningless and stupid..." I told him blushing a bit.

He started to look at me some more, with a surprised look on his face.

"People say that to me to!" He exclaimed.

I looked up in shock to hear that someone is going through what I'm going through, but I wanted to test it, for I have a secret hidden under my sweatshirt.

"How sad have you been?" I asked, a bit shaky.

"What do you mean?" He questioned, I started to heat up a little.

"W-well, I can show you how sad I've been." I told him as he looked at me in confusion.

I lifted up my left arm and turned it wrist side up and pulled the sleeve down, revealing a bunch of scars. Dipper looked shocked at me for a moment, but then he started to smile and he brought up his arm and turned it wrist side up, also revealing scars. I looked at him and started to smile, tears swelling in my eyes, I knew I couldn't hold them back, dipper did to. So he opened up his arms to show it was okay to hug him and to cry. So I fell into him, hugging him back and crying hard, while he hugged me tight and rubbed my back in comfort, telling me that everything is going to be okay. We were gonna get through this, together.