Last Goodbye

(Sorry, this is rather short, but I woke up nearly crying after having this dream, so I couldn't help but write something based on the dream I had, so I hope you guys enjoy :>)
____________________________________

It all happened so quickly, it seems. One day a family is headed back up to a little town called Gravity Falls for another summer of fun, only to have it all taken away, just because of a careless semi-truck driver. A month later, after the funeral and school assembly, after tears have fallen and everyone has mourned and still mourning, the Stan twins receive four formal jars of dust, along with four tall pine trees. The found a clearing be the Mystery Shack and began their work on planting the hefty trees in the ground, and with the help of Ford's new technology, they were able to pull it off by sunset. They stood back gazed at their work, both had two jars in their arms.

"It's been a good run for them, I just wish they could've run longer.." Lee sighed.

"For once, I actually agree with you on something.. heh." Ford answered, still wishing he knew a way to bring them back without turning them into dust monsters or something.

They walked up to the trees and began sprinkling dust around them, the wind would blow some around later. Mrs. Pines on the left, Mr. Pines on the right, and the Pines twins in the middle. Lee sniffled, only to claim he had "dust in his eye" and they both turned around and began to walk back before they heard a scratching noise. They looked back at the trees to find that the date of birth from each person had been carved into the trunk of the trees. They looked at each other and back at the trees, walking toward them cautiously, then the sun's light go brighter and brighter until...

It revealed the family, hand in hand and smiling, untouched, unharmed, as if nothing happened to them. Dipper and Mabel broke from their parent's grip and ran toward Lee and Ford, all of them in a big group hug. The younger pines twins felt strange, in the means of actually being able to feel them, though they're not physically their, but all that mattered was that Ford and Lee got to hug them one last time before they had to go.

"Geez kids, you weren't supposed to go before me, what about building me the biggest tombstone? Heheh.." Lee laughed weakly, sniffling again while tears threatened to fall.

"Well, I kind of wrote that down on my bucket list right when I got home." Dipper shrugged.

"Yeah, nerd made a bucket list when he was 9." Mabel giggled.

"You kids really are a strange pair of twins, probably as strange as we are." Ford smiled and looked away.

They hugged once more and said their last goodbyes, Dipper and Mabel ran back to hold hands with their parents, ready to cross over.

"Thank you, Stanford and Stanley." Mrs. Pines spoke.

"For taking care of our children, like we knew you would." Mr. Pines smiled.

The older pines twins nodded and smiled. The family looked at each other and waved at the twins opposite of them, the twins waved back, and continued to wave long after they've turned around and the light has faded. When the first few stars began to glow in the sky, they headed to the shack, and said their good nights.