🍯12🍯

↬↬↬↬↬♡↫↫↫↫↫

"Do you have a boyfriend now?" And that snapped Areum back to reality.

Why would he ask me that? She shook her head hesitantly.

"Then I can be your boyfriend."

"W-what?"

"I mean, fake boyfriend. So he would you know, stop bothering you." He reasoned out. What the hell did I just do?

"Ahh..." And awkwardness engulfed in the air. Damn son, even if it was fake, my heart just can't stop fluttering.

"Here is your food!" Just nice, the waitress came to serve them food.

They began to eat quietly but Sangyeon just could not stand the awkwardness and the silence between them.

"Do you have any siblings?" He questioned.

"Single child." She responded. "Must be nice to have a twin." She smiled.

"Well I guess, you could say that." He chuckled. "Must be nice to have mom too." He mumbled.

"Pardon?" She could not catch it.

"She's my only family. Our parents divorced years back." He explained as he felt comfortable talking about his family to his intern.

"Ahh.. Then I guess we're pretty the same. My mom is the only family I have." She said then her face brightened up. "My mom wanted to thank you once again for bringing me back home the other day." She muttered shyly.

He chuckled. "It's okay. Eat more." He smiled as he pointed at her food that she somewhat barely touched.

She hummed in response and they continued enjoying each other's companion during the break.

↬↬↬↬↬♡↫↫↫↫↫

Since then, the relationship between Manager Lee and Intern Han had gotten pretty close. They had been eating lunch together and got off work at the same time too.

Instead of staying back in his office, Sangyeon thought it would be better to drop Areum back home first then continued working at home.

It went on for a couple of weeks until he decided to come back with an ambush. Of course, Jaemin was quick to realize the tightened securities and the closeness between his ex and the manager. He could only clench his fists and gritted his teeth in frustration for not having what he wanted.

Areum was hungry that late night and she was craving for ramen so badly that she went out to the nearest convenience store. She felt eerie but her tummy growled and echoed in the enclosed area of a small alley.

She got in the convenience store and got what she wanted. After paying, she decided to eat at home instead since she does not feel good staying there any longer.

Her hunch was right that Jaemin had been waiting for her since hours ago.

"Jaemin, please. I already got a boyfriend. Can't you move on?" She calmly said as she rummaged through her phone in her pocket, in an attempt to speed dial someone.

Jaemin shot his infamous glare and twitched the corner of his lips upwards. "That manager huh?"

"How'd you know that?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

He evilly laughed. "Yah, are you not underestimating me too much??"

Should I just kick his ball and run away?

↬↬↬↬↬♡↫↫↫↫↫

"Hmm?" Soyeon grabbed her vibrating phone and answered the call while she rubbed her eyes since she was sleeping. "Hello?"

...

No response was heard. She put the phone away and squinted her eyes at the caller id. Her eyes bulged out and quickly placed it back on her ear.

Her eyebrows knitted at the faint voices. Omg hell no... Her quick sense led her to dial her boyfriend.

"Dear, I'm sorry I know you have morning shift but intern is in danger now!" She rapped as she got off her bed.

"Okay got it." Changmin answered and the phone cut off.

She grabbed her jacket and ran down the mini stairs. "Dude! Your intern!" She yelled and threw Sangyeon's nearby outerwear in his direction.

Sangyeon fumbled as he put away his glasses and shut down his laptop. He wore his outerwear quickly as he dashed out of the house together with his twin.

"Let me drive." Soyeon was about to snatch the car key but Sangyeon firmly held it in his grasp.

"You're too reckless." He argued. "Search for the nearest convenience store instead."

"Why?" She questioned as she typed for the address in her phone.

"The only place she could go out at this time is to visit the convenience store." He explained calmly as they got out of the lift to the carpark basement of their apartment.

He knew that even if Jaemin pestered Areum out, she would still be at home with her mom. At least her mom is there for her.

Please be safe... He prayed as he called the police.

↬↬↬↬↬♡↫↫↫↫↫

"You and your connections... Rich kid, sorry can't relate but here you go." And Areum literally kicked his groin then seized the opportunity.

She ran as fast as she could while Jaemin crouched down in pain.

"HAN AREUM!!!"

She could hear him yelling and she sprinted even harder, hoping that her short legs could widen the gap.

He limped his way to catch up with her. "Han Areum... Just you wait." He gritted his teeth as he tried to speed up.

"No... Please no.." Her legs were soon giving away.

She's not an athlete and her stamina isn't that good either. She hated herself for that, but at least she could use her brain for something else. She knew exactly where she could hide herself. As she made a sharp turn at one of the corners of the alley, she screamed in fear which could wake the whole neighbourhood up.

↬↬↬↬↬♡↫↫↫↫↫