Chapter 3: Solo

"I'm about to go."

Rey was leaving for Tatooine.

"I'm coming with you," Ben said.

"Ben, I need to go alone," she insisted.

"Hey, I promised not to leave you, remember?"

She sighed. "Fine."

..........

Ben watched Rey bury Luke and Leia's sabers from the Falcon. She'd wanted to be alone for that part, and this time, he didn't argue.

She turned on her new lightsaber, which she'd built before they left. Ben had a new one of his own. His blue, hers yellow.

"There's been no one for so long," an old woman called out to her. "Who are you?"

"I'm Rey," she replied.

"Rey who?"

Well, who could blame Ben for walking to her at that moment? He wasn't about to let her say Rey Palpatine.

He took her hand. She understood what he meant.

"Rey Solo," she said.

...........

"So, Rey Solo..." He prompted.

She blushed bright red. "Sorry."

"Don't be," he said, which made her blush harder.

They were in the Falcon, alone except for BB-8, who, Ben noticed, kept peaking his head into the room, then rolling away when he realized they could see him.

Rey looked at the droid at smiled. "We know you're there, you know."

BB-8 zoomed into the room a bit guiltily (or as guiltily as a droid can look) but started chirping excitedly.

"Yeah, we're gonna head back soon," Rey replied.

(BB-8 chirping inquisitively)

"What?!" She exclaimed and blushed harder than ever. "Well—um—I d-don't know about that."

"What'd he say?" Ben asked.

"He asked i-if we're gonna g-get married," she said, somewhat reluctantly.

"Doesn't sound so bad to me," Ben answered and started cracking up.

She gave him a fake shocked look and pretended to smack his arm.

"What I wonder is why did you look so appalled at the idea?" He said, still laughing.

Rey cracked a smile. "He just took me by surprise, that's all."

...........

Rey heard a knock on her door.

"Come in," she called.

In came Finn. "So I realized we never got to actually see each other much after Exegol."

She walked over to him and hugged him tightly. His arms wrapped around her waist. She got a feeling that she wasn't gonna like where this was going.

Rey pulled back. "I'm glad you're not dead."

He gave her a crooked smile. "Thanks. I'm glad you're not dead too." Without warning, he took her face in his hands and kissed her.

She pulled back in alarm. No, she definitely didn't like where this was going. "What was that for?!"

He looked down, embarrassed. "I-I'm sorry. I've tried to suppress my feelings but I couldn't anymore."

She turned away from him and put a hand to her forehead. "Finn, I'm sorry. I love you very much, but as a friend, and nothing more. I'm with Ben now."

He scowled. "How can you love him? He's hurt you and me and everyone you love!"

She turned to face him. "I know that! But I love him anyway, despite what he's done."

"He tried to turn you to the dark side."

"Yes, he did. He wanted me to join him because he loves me." Rey felt her eyes fill with angry tears.

"He killed Han. He tortured you and Poe. He's tried to kill you and I over and over."

"What brought this on?! You cleared him at his trial! If you hate him this much, why'd you do that?!" She was yelling now, tears falling freely. "Why can't you be happy for me? Why can't you accept the fact that I love him?"

He looked at her, shocked and ashamed of himself. He'd made her cry.

"I-I'm sorry Rey. I cleared him for you. I knew you'd never get over it if we'd hurt him."

"This is what you were going to tell me, isn't it? What you'd never told me. You wanted to say that you love me?" She asked, turned away from him once again.

Finn blushed. "No, actually. I'll tell you about that some other time."

"I think I want to be alone."

"Okay." And he left.

And Rey was alone with her frustration.

..........

Rey knocked softly on Ben's door. No answer. She opened the door a little. He wasn't there. She went ahead and walked inside.

One of Ben's shirts was on his bed. She picked it up and realized it was the same shirt she'd stabbed a hole in. The one she's stabbed him in. She put it down so quickly you would've thought it had burned her.

The bathroom door opened suddenly, and there was Ben, wet from the shower and shirtless. He had pants on (thankfully) and grinned at her embarrassed expression.

He put his shirt on and looked at her quizzically. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she responded automatically and took his hand. She gave him a very unconvincing smile.

"You know you were never great at acting. Come on, tell me." He sat on the bed and she joined him, resting her head on his shoulder.

She said nothing.

He reached out with their dyad connection and saw what was troubling her.

Her head left the shoulder and she looked at him. "Cheater."

He shrugged. "Finn kissed you?"

She looked at her hands. "Yeah, he did."

"Do you want me to talk to him?"

She cracked a smile. "No, I'm pretty sure you'd end up impaling him."

"Yeah, you're probably right."

There was a long pause between them.

"I should probably go," Rey finally said.

"Okay. I'll come with you."

"Seriously?"

"Yep."

..........

"I don't know why Finn kissed me. He never showed any signs of his feelings before."

"Rey, seriously, just give me the word and I'll go make sure he doesn't do that again."

The two were walking to Rey's quarters, holding hands the whole way.

"No, I don't think he'll try to again. I made it very clear that I do not feel that way for him."

"Well, goodnight I guess."

"Goodnight." She gave him a quick kiss. "I love you, Ben."

And she shut her door before he responded.

_________________________________________

Hi! Joy, the author, here. Sorry, I haven't updated in a while. I've been super busy with band and school. I'll try to update more often. Also, I know my chapters are kinda short so I'll do my best to make them longer. This story is for Reylo fans, so if you don't support Reylo, you probably won't like my fanfic. Also, what'd you guys think of her saying Rey Solo? If you have questions or suggestions, feel free to comment!!!