Chapter Five

I was freezing. Bella, Lily and I had been out in the snow, making a snowman, snow angels, and we came inside for hot chocolate. Rye put the marsh mellows in. We sang to Mistletoe by Justin Bieber. Only Bella didn't like him, so she doesn't sing it. Days are passing by too slowly. And then I heard Rye randomly sing a song she wrote herself, while making hot chocolate.

''Come on baby,

come back,

you know I mean you,

I'd catch a dynamite for you,

please just come back,

I give you one more chance,

come on.''

There was more. She's a great singer. We are her backup singers when she records. It only clicked that the song Rye was singing (One More Chance), was in relation to me and Lucas. Like it was fate.

It started snowing ever so lightly. Lily put the music player on the porch, and dragged me outside again. She started dancing to the music, and told me to dance. I changed the radio and went inside. I was too tried. And... thinking about him didn't help. At all.

Why didn't I just say yes? I hate my mouth. I laughed at myself. I put on my fluffy winter coat, mittens and boots. I told my friends I was going shopping alone.

I was going to shop for a Christmas gift. For Lucas. I didn't really know what Lucas liked. Boys are hard to shop for. I knew he liked art, so I went to an art store. I was looking at some paintings. I chose one and paid for it, went home and started wrapping it.

It was a scene of a couple kissing under the mistletoe, with snow slowly falling. I put a large rainbow bow on the top. I put it in a box, and a card in it too. I sent it to his house.

It was perfect. Romantic, if I said yes to him we'd be the ones to be kissing under the mistletoe. I sighed. Next week is Christmas. My dad took out our white Christmas tree. I got all the ornaments and decorations. I looked outside. To my surprise, I couldn't see outside. It was blurry. My vision. I headed back to the mall to the eye doctor.

He said my eyes were slightly going bad. He didn't know why. He gave me the prescription, so I looked around the store. I saw a pair of Gucci GG1576 grey and black glasses, and I gave the prescription for the girl. I'd have it in a few days. Precisely, Friday.

I called up my friends and told them I'd sleep over. I packed up some random clothes and headed to my friends house.