Clingy

I remember slowly waking up, it didn't happen all at once. It was more like focusing the lenses on a camera or a middle school microscope, the ones you looked at the plant cells with that you couldn't quite tune the right way.

There was a small light coming from the tv not too far across the cramped living room. I felt someone shift themselves and wrap their arms tighter around my body. A small huff of air brushed my forehead slightly blowing on a strand that was framing my face.

Right. Dream was staying the night. We fell asleep before I could move to the bed.

He snores lightly, his head just above mine. I take a moment to focus on his breathing and feel the way his chest is rising and falling, calming my own heart rate in the process. He looked so peaceful in his sleep, and so damn beautiful. I hadn't realized how stressed he had seemed before now that I looked up at him laying here. His eyebrows furrow in frustration, whatever is eating away at him must be messing with his sleep.

I brush his hair away from his face, his expression softens as I run my fingers through his hair, it was so soft and smooth. Not too fluffy but not flat either, it was completely dry now so you could see the little waves starting to form.

My heart stops as Dream shifts and and slowly opens his eyes. Shit

"y/n? You ok?" He props himself up on his elbows taking a deep breath.

"yeah I just needed to pee but you looked so comfortable so I didn't wanna move and wake you up"

"you were watching me sleep?" he gives me a tired smile and laughs softly. "that's so creepy you weirdo"

I feel myself blush lightly and push his leg off of the couch playfully. "Shut your trap clay, im gonna go pee." I stand up and walk to the bathroom.

By the time I come back Dream has wrapped himself up in the big ass blanket holding an end in each hand with part of it on his head looking like a frail old lady. "you need anything? im gonna go lay down in my room so you can have the couch to yourself and don't wake up with a neck cramp or something."

He huffs and wraps himself tightly, "what why? I was so warm and comfortable with you here, can't you just stay im sure I'll be fine"

"You're so clingy." I walk to my room

"Y/nnnnnnnnnnnnnn" he drags out my name and whines to which I roll my eyes.

"oh my god will you shut up? Just come here and lay down so were not cramped over there." I hear dream drag his feet as he makes his way to my room. "you done?" I deadpan, still groggy cause I decided to pee with the lights off.

He makes his way towards me and wraps me in the blanket with him from behind and rests his chin on top of my head, he musters a sweet and sleepy 'hi'.

"dream let go so I can lay down you fool"

He groans and sets me free. " but you're so warm and the rain outside is making the room colder."

I lay down facing him, "that's why I gave you the big ass blanket" he sighs and lays down. I can feel grogginess radiating off of him.

"M'sorry" he turns on his side, also facing me "it's just been a rough week, I feel like my mind is all over the place..."

I sit up on the bed and frown. Dream looks up at me and out of pure instinct I pat my lap. He lays his head down and I start running my fingers through his hair. "Talk to me, you know we can always talk if you want to"

"What do you do in a situation where you want something you know you shouldn't have?"

I look down at him, "well I need context, that's pretty vague, what exactly is going on?"

"It's just something that's been bugging me, like I'm fine with what I have now, and I'm happy with it but if I have more then I know I'd be happier, but by chasing that, I'd risk losing it all..."

"Sounds a little extreme" I frown before smiling reassuringly, "I'm sure whatever it is, things will work themselves out in the end, they always do and if something doesn't you always have George, Nick and I. We got your back."

He looks up at me, "you're absolutely right" he offers a lazy  smile, sleep weighing heavy on him.

"You're gonna be fine, trust me."

He stays silent for a few seconds,"what would you do in my place y/n?"

"I'd go for it, it might be selfish but it's up to ourselves to find our own happiness in the long run clay, no one else will ever take responsibility for it."

"I gotta think about it a little more I guess... I just wanna make sure my next move is the right one."

"Take you're time with it then, don't let anyone rush you, now roll over so I can be the big spoon you giant goof." Dream rolls over to the side and I wrap my arms around him. He moves closer into me once I throw my leg over his hip as well. "You're so tall" I mumble into his shirt.

"Maybe Im average and you're the short one" I can feel the vibration of his voice on his back.

I laugh, my face still buried against his back "you look like the cinnamon stick from Apple Jacks."

"Ok you know what y/n? I'm going to sleep"

I smile into his shirt , too happy to care about the sudden realization that had just bitch slapped me in the face. This little string of events pushed me past the point of no return, I wanted this, I wanted Dream and I wanted him to want me back.

I'm screwed.

A/N
——
This chapter was more of a fluff filler than an actual chapter, it only moved Along toward the very end, hope y'all don't mind, I should be updating super soon, I promise the next chapter will be a lot better