Chapter 4: Unsigned Notes and Acromantula's

"Hey Hagrid." I say with a smile as I arrive at his hut 3 weeks later. I close the door behind me and sit opposite him at his table. He smiles at me and turns to face me, passing me a drink. "Hi Onyx, yeh ready fer this lesson? I'll teach yeh all 'bout centaurs." He says and I nod. I take my notepad out of my bag as someone knocks on the door. "That'll be Charlie! She wanted to join again, she said she was enjoying learning with you, is that okay?" I ask. He smiles and nods. "O' course! Go open the door, I'll make another drink." Hagrid says and I smile, opening it. "Hey! I was going to come and find you but then I saw you talking to Pansy. I didn't want to interrupt." I say as I see her standing there with her bag on her shoulder in her uniform. Charlie nods with a smile. "Hey! Yeah I had to talk to her about something." She says as she walks inside. I close the door behind her. Charlie says hi to Hagrid and sits next to me, getting her notes out. "So yeh know wha' centaurs look like, I'll tell yeh abou' their abilities an' mannerisms. They're usually a friendly bunch. They rely on the stars fer everything they do. They're healers mainly, with a few o' 'em tha' read inter the stars an' gather information. They like ter practice magic without a wand an' they burn herbs such as sage when they stargaze never understood why though." Hagrid tells us and we make notes, paying attention as he teaches. He carries on talking, showing us different things and different accounts of what happens with Centaurs throughout the magic world and history. We finish up the talk about 30 minutes later and Charlie and I pack up our things and say goodbye to Hagrid. We leave his hut and begin walking back up to the castle.

"So what did you talk to Pansy about?" I ask curiously as we walk. Charlie laughs and raises an eyebrow. "We were talking about going out on Friday, to Hogsmeade, on a date." I smile and nod. We arrive back at the castle and we head to the Ravenclaw common room. "I'll be back in a second. I need to go grab something from my room." I tell Charlie and quickly run inside. I walk up the stairs and to my desk, trying to find my watch. I look around and find it on my bed. I pick it up and notice something tucked under my pillow, I frown as I hadn't left anything there and pick it up. I tilt my head confused about how it got there or who put it there. I slide it into my pocket and head back to Charlie while I put my watch on. I step out of the common room and see Draco talking to Charlie. I roll my eyes and walk over, stopping as I see her kiss him. I turn away not wanting them to see me, before leaving quickly. I continue walking until I'm in the Astronomy Tower; I walk over to the window and look out, seeing Charlie walk around. I roll my eyes and sit down against the wall letting my head fall back. I should have known he would do something like that, hell he knew it'd hurt me that was his goal. I close my eyes as I hear someone call my name. I keep quiet, not wanting anyone to find me. She was my friend, how could she kiss him? I let the thoughts run through my mind as I hear someone's footsteps approaching. "Onyx? Are you up here." I run a hand through my hair as I finally see Charlie round the last step. "There you are, I've been looking for you!" She says with a smile but I don't respond.

"What's the matter?" She asks as I scoff. I roll my eyes and look out the window. "I thought you were my friend, I also thought you were GAY?" I say, my voice shaking from how badly I was hurting. "Friends don't do that to each other Charlie." I mutter looking down at my hands. I glance over and see her face drop. "You saw that?" she asks moving closer to me. "Don't come any closer. Out off all the students in this school you kiss HIM? My brother? You could have kissed anybody. Anyone at all. And you chose him. The one person I hate in this place. The one person you told me treated me like shit and that I should stand up to myself from?" I ask standing up to face her. I shake my head softly. "I thought you were different but you're not. You're the same as everyone else. Use me to get to my brother." I say lifting my bag onto my shoulder and walking past. "Onyx please, just listen to me." She says taking my hand in hers. I shake my head and let go of her hand. "Don't touch me. You have a minute to explain otherwise I'm walking away." I tell her, sliding my hands into my pockets. She nods and leans against the railing that surrounded the stairs. "Yes I kissed Draco, but not because I'm into him. I kissed him because he said he'd leave you alone for a while, and stop being so evil towards you! I care about you Onyx, I hate seeing what he does to you." She says. "Please, don't be mad." She begs me and I roll my eyes.