Chapter 17: Unwanted Visitors and House Renovations

I look around the new house as I finish bringing boxes in with Draco. I roll my sleeves up and wipe my head softly before cleaning my glasses. I sit on the top of the last box as Draco jumps onto the counter looking around. "This is ours?" He asks and I nod. "It definitely is. All ours." I say with a wide smile as he smiles biting his lip. "Is Issac gonna live with us?" He asks and I rub the back of my neck. "No, he's gonna stay living at home until we finish Hogwarts. It felt like the best idea since we have 2 years left until we graduate." I say with a shrug and he nods. "We have 7 months to renovate this place to make it feel more like home. We can do whatever we want with it." I tell him and he smiles. "Well first we need to get rid of the horrid wallpaper. It looks so bad." He says and I look around laughing agreeing with him. "Let's get these boxes into the spare bedroom and we can start." Draco tells me and we carry the last few into the rooms. I close the door as we leave and we begin going room by room and setting out the designs for it. A few hours go by and we take a break from ripping the wallpaper down and tearing up the carpets to be replaced. We collapse on the couch with a laugh. "I can't believe we own our own house at 18 and 17." Draco says and I chuckle. "I never thought we'd be in the situation we are right now. I didn't think we'd be sitting here as we are, I thought we'd always hate each other. I guess things change when you're put in a traumatic situation" I tell him and he nods with a smile. We sit around and talk for a while before we head to bed since it was 3am.

A few days pass by and we make a lot of progress on the house with it now being nearly finished. I finish moving around furniture in the living room as Draco finished with the kitchen before someone knocks on the door. "I'll get it." I call heading to open it. I open it and see our parents stood there. "What are you doing here?" I ask coldly. "We came to see our children." My father says and I scoff. "Who told you that you could turn up here? This is our house, not yours." I say folding my arms and leaning against the door. "You're our son; we're allowed to turn up when we want too." My mother says and I roll my eyes. "Yeah because you guys were great parents to me and Draco." I say sarcastically "Onyx who's at the door?" Draco asks walking over, freezing when he sees them. I see our parents face light up as they see him. I roll my eyes and open the door wider, walking away from them. They walk in and Draco closes the door behind them. I sit down on the sofa watching them as they walk over and sit in front of me. Draco sits next to me messing with his hands. "Why are you here?" I ask them bluntly and my mother takes my hand. I roll my eyes slightly. "We miss you boys. We haven't stopped thinking about you since the events at Hogwarts." She tells me and I shake my head running a hand through my hair. "We're doing fine without you. You left us. You abused us. You left Onyx to die." Draco says and I nod listening as he talks. "I needed you, WE needed you. You were there for me, but you left Onyx out on his own because of what he believed in. You neglected him, tortured him and almost ruined his life. You tried to ruin mine but because of him I turned it around." He tells our father and I watch my mother as he talks. "I saved your life and you treated me like I was nothing. You were dying and I got you the antidote that nobody could fine, and all I got was you telling me I was a disappointment and that you were ashamed to have me as your son because I'm gay and I didn't believe in the stupid stuff you did." I tell our mother, moving my hand from hers. "We're getting on with our lives. We're making something of ourselves trying to reverse centuries of hatred that you continued."

I say as Issac lets himself into the house. He freezes when he sees my parents and I stand up, walking over to him. "Why are they here?" He whispers to me and I shrug. "They showed up." I say kissing him softly. I see my mother stand up and walk over to us. I stand in front of Issac in case my mother tried to do anything stupid. "You're the half-blood boy that's had Onyx caught up for the past year?" She asks Issac who nods. I take Issac's hand in my own and my mother looks down at our intertwined hands. My mother nods with a small smile. "He's risked his life to save you several times, he really loves you. Thank you for accepting him, even after what we did to him. For helping him come to terms with who he is." She tells Issac who nods, looking at me. I smile softly at him, kissing his hand with the engagement ring on. "Is that your great-grandpa's ring?" My mother asks slightly confused. I look down and nod. "You asked him to marry you?" She asks shocked and I nod. She smiles widely nodding watching us. "I'm sorry for how I treated you, but I want to be in your life. Please?" She asks me and I sigh looking at Issac. He nods at me encouragingly and I nod. "Fine, it'll take some time to trust you again, especially after everything you've done." I tell her and she nods understandingly. "So you're engaged? To another Man?" My father asks and I roll my eyes. "Surprise, the youngest son is gay, you totally didn't ridicule me over it." I say sarcastically as Issac takes my hand. "It'll take some time getting used to that." He tells me and I shrug. "I couldn't really care less if you accept me or not. I'm happy with who I am and the people that matter to me accelt me. I'm a gay man who's engaged to the love of his life." I tell him. We walk over and sit on the couch opposite my father, with Issac sat between Draco and I.