Chapter 7: Unexpected Guests

I sit in the tower for a few more hours watching the sunrise, before going back to my dorm to change into some different clothes as Charlie, Pansy and I had no classes that day. I quickly shower and change, before heading to the classroom we hung out in that was never used for a lesson. I walk in seeing the two of them lying on a table with Charlie in Pansy's arms. I chuckle seeing the hickeys lining their necks. "Well looks like you two had fun last night." I say with a smirk as they sit up. I smile at the blush on Charlie's face as she tries to hide the hickeys. I sit opposite the two of them with my legs crossed as Pansy studies my face. "What happened with you last night? You kind of disappeared?" She says concerned. I nod and rub my face. "Yeah, I needed some air so I went to the Astronomy Tower." I say with a shrug as Charlie gasps. "You have chapstick on your lips!" She yells and I blush, gesturing for her to be quiet. "Get talking!" Pansy says excitedly. I laugh at their reactions before moving my hair off my face.

"I was in the Astronomy Tower thinking about everything that had happened when Issac turned up. He called my name and tried to get me to talk to him but since I had been drinking - sorry Charlie - I was being sarcastic. He eventually got me to stop and I explained EVERYTHING. How I was in love with him, how seeing him with Oliver broke me, about the Amortentia potion. How I felt about him and Oliver, all of it. I told him I had accepted that he didn't feel the same way and how I wished I had walked him into the ballroom last night to show him off like a man should do when he loves someone. Then... He kissed me." I say with a soft smile remembering it all. "I didn't kiss him this time, it was the opposite. He told me that he knew I was in love with him, because SOMEONE already told him." I say jokingly glaring at Charlie who blushes and Pansy kisses her head. "He said he tried to ignore it by dating Oliver, but when I found out he cheated on him and how I reacted helped him realise he did have feelings for me, because nobody would have risked their education on him not even him brothers, especially against Oliver. He admitted he had feelings for me, and then told me he was willing to prove it to me and regain my trust." I say with a shrug as I mess with my hands. I hear Charlie cheer which causes me to laugh loudly. I smile softly remembering what had happened. "I'm glad to see a genuine smile on your face, instead of a fake one." Pansy says and I thank her. We talk for a little while longer before Professor McGonagall walks in.

"Onyx? You need to come with me. It's an emergency." She tells me and I stand up grabbing my bag. "Is everything okay Professor?" I ask concerned. McGonagall sighs as the three of us follow her out. "Your mother is sick. Your father is here. He needs your help." She tells me and I feel my heart break. Charlie takes my hand, squeezing it as we follow McGonagall to Dumbledore's office seeing my Father and Draco stood outside. I tell Charlie and Pansy to wait outside and head in with my family. My father leans against a chair as Draco slumps over in the corner. "You two need to work together." McGonagall says and Draco stands up. "No way. If anyone see's me working or even talking to him my reputation will be ruined here." He shouts and I roll my eyes. "And if we don't your Mother could die, which would you rather?" I ask getting annoyed by his reaction. He begins to argue with my Father before McGonagall talks him down. I turn to our Father. "What's wrong with Mom?" I ask him, my voice breaking. "Someone poisoned her. I don't know what type of poison it was, and I don't know how to help her, which is why I need you. You're the smart one out of the two of you. You need to figure out what she was given and Draco has to find out who did it. Now I may despise you for everything you believe, but your Mother needs you right now." My father says and I nod. "How bad is she?" I ask softly. "Very. She can hardly breathe, and she's constantly in pain. She's in the infirmary downstairs." He tells me and I nod. "I'll have to see her to figure out what symptoms she has, as well as see whatever she was drinking when she was poisoned. It'll help me figure it out." I tell him and Lucius nods. He passes me a bottle including a partially drank substance. I nod and walk out, seeing Charlie and Pansy still waiting for me.