Chapter 12: The Return to Hogwarts

As I sit around Charlie's table with her and Pansy a few months after being turned into a Death Eater, I look around at my surroundings. The table littered with books, newspaper articles anything we could find about Death Eaters, trying to find a way to reverse it or change what had happened. "It's useless. The only way is for Voldemort to finally be killed, even then that could kill me." I say, setting the books I was reading down and running a hand through my hair. Charlie shakes her head reading something deeply. "We've been looking for 2 months trying to find something and nothing. We have to go back next week and Issac won't answer anything I send him." I tell them sitting back in my chair. Charlie stands up, putting the books away. "We just need to get him in the same room as you. But that's harder than thought because of Mikey. Everyone in Hogwarts will know what happened to you and will know you've become a Death Eater." Pansy says while Charlie agrees. "Just let me talk to him, okay? You two go to Diagon Alley and get what you need too, I'll join you later. I'm going to go see him." Charlie tells us and I nod. "Please, just tell him I want to talk. I just need to explain." I beg Charlie and she nods, resting her hand on my shoulder. She leaves and I rub my face grabbing my jacket. "Let's go get this over with." I mutter putting my jacket on.

We leave the house and arrive at Diagon Alley soon after. We tap on the brick to open the passage and I see people watching us. I lift my hood over my head, stuffing my hands into my pockets as we walk. I don't say anything as people whisper about me. I keep my head down whilst Pansy buys everything we need, using my money so I didn't have to talk. We walk into the bookshop to buy our new study material when I feel someone grab me. I get spun around and I see Hermione standing there. Hermione slaps me hard across the face, causing my head to swing sideways. I nod biting my lip as I face her. "Please, just let me explain." I beg Hermione. She crosses her arms as she watches me, the tear stains still visible on my face. "You lied to him. You told him you weren't like the rest of them, that you weren't like your family." Hermione says in disgust and I nod. "I know, and I'm not!" I tell her but she shakes her head. "You have the MARK! You're a Death Eater!" She shouts and I lower my head. "I did it to protect Issac." I tell Hermione and she shakes her head. "If you really cared about him, you would never have agreed." She tells me and I hear someone talk up. "He had no choice. Voldemort had his wand to his head threatening to kill him if he didn't join them." I hear Draco say. I look up and he smiles weakly at me. "He joined Voldemort to save him, it was his only choice." He says walking over and standing next to me. "And why should we believe that?" Ron asks. I sigh and rub my face turning to her. "The day his parents dropped him off at the school a week early, his dad asked me what I would do if it was a case of my Morals or Issac. I chose to protrct Issac, even abandoning my morals to save him. It was my only choice, I couldn't let Issac die." I tell them truthfully as a tear falls from my face. Mikey and Ron leave first as Hermione watches me. She shakes her head and the rest of their group leaves, so it was just Pansy, Draco and I.

"He's gone. For good." I mutter wiping my eyes. I shake my head and look down at my arm. "I can't go back there. I can't go to Hogwarts." I tell them and Pansy takes my hand. "You can and you have too." Draco says and I rub my face. "And watch the love of my life act as if I don't exist? He's GONE Draco. He hates me." I tell him and he hugs me tightly. I close my eyes, trying to ignore the thoughts in my head. I pull away soon after. I look between the two of them as they watch me. "I have to go. I'll see you around." I mutter walking out of the store and heading down the street. I continue walking, ignoring the whispers and stares I was getting. I walk for awhile, eventually arriving in a dark forest. I look around seeing it completely empty, before letting out a loud shout to get my feelings out. I fall to my knees, my feelings completely overtaking me realising how bad the situation was. I run my hands through my hair, pulling roughly as I cry. I hear a twig snap from behind me and I continue crying not caring who it was.