Our fate (angst)

[Our fate] angst
August 29, 2020

You forgave him once,

twice,

and three times.

But he still did the same mistake for the fourth time. There was no way he'll be forgiven again just because you love him. Love doesn't work that way; it's supposed to be equal. Effort from both is needed in order for a relationship to work.

It was time for you to walk away that day, and you're happy you did. You're proud of yourself that you were able to let go, even when you loved him too much.

It's been three years now, since that break up happened. You stared at the wedding invitation and smiled.

You're happy.

You're happy knowing that the person you once loved is now getting married.

"And Jungkook wanted me to give you this letter too," you remembered what Jimin said before he left to give the wedding invitation.

Dear, (Y/n)
It's been three years since we haven't talked to each other.

Although we have the same friends, we never got to talk or see each other after what happened between the two of us.

I'm getting married now, and I'm happy.
It's all thanks to you.

After you left, I realized that I couldn't live without you. I regret cheating on you, but it was already too late.

You left me, and I'm happy you did; because I didn't deserve all the love that you gave me.

You were my angel.
You were my happiness.
You were my everything,
but I was still blind.

I am who I am today because of you.
I learned how to be faithful, and to appreciate my soon to be wife.

I love her a lot. And I don't want to lose her like I lost you.

I learned and realized a lot of things in life all thanks to you...who once loved me.

I hope you can come on my wedding day as you are still important to me as a friend.

Forever will be thankful, Jungkook.

You didn't realized that tears were falling from your eyes while reading his letter. You're proud of Jungkook, and you couldn't help but to cry out of joy.

You did well, Jungkook.

Wedding day:

You stared at the soon to be bride until she reached the altar. She looks amazing in her wedding gown and that made you smile. You're happy for the both of them.

"You may now kiss the bride," everyone clapped and some cheered when Father announced that. Jungkook now kissed his wife. Seeing that big smile on his face tells you how happy he is.

Jungkook smiled when his eyes landed on you. He was really happy to see you present on his wedding day.

Everyone now walked in the middle to take a picture. You stood on the side far from where Jungkook and his wife are.

Your eyes went wide when Jimin suddenly pulled you towards Jungkook. "What are you doing?" you whispered to Jimin and gave him a look. He just shrugged his shoulder and gave you his cutest smile.

Now you're standing next to Jungkook. You don't feel awkward, you're just scared on how his wife will react about it since you saw her staring.

"Thanks hyung," Jungkook thanked Jimin. It was Jungkook who ordered Jimin to make you stand beside him.

Jungkook did that because if it wasn't for you everything that he has today is nothing. And he's thankful again with the thought of that.

The both of you once planned to get married too and have children, but everything broke into pieces in the blink of an eye.

Jungkook and you stared into each other's eyes for the last time and realized that you were just destined to meet, but not destined to be together.

And you accept that.