BROTHERS AND HUSBANDS-TO-BE

CATHEDRAL

" How do you feel Cathedral?" Xavier asked softly. His state was not any better than Jason's. His eyes were begging to close and his clothes were completely crushed. It was clear that he had not left the hospital.

" Better than I deserve. Xavier you need to go home too. Look at you, you need sleep." I said to him in guilt. All of this had happened because of me. He had stayed in the hospital to look out for his sister and me being me, I've had no clue. He had always wanted to protect me. Were Alex's words true about me? I don't know if I am a disgrace but I certainly feel like one.

" Cathedral, I thought I had lost you and for years I lived with the emptiness, lived without family and when I finally found you, you think I will let you be unprotected for a single moment?" His words held so much emotion as his eyes wetted and a little tear slipped down.

" Brother" I cried and hugged him. He hugged me back carefully. There was warm in his embrace, a sense of protectiveness and brotherly concern. He broke the hug and observed me.

"Ave, you can't even think how much I missed you. You were so little, so cute, so perfect. I loved you so much, I always wanted to be the best brother, the one you could always ask for. The day I lost you, our parents. I was so broken, our family was destroyed and that bastard. He has always been a disgrace. Avery, I wish you could meet our parents, they loved you too.They would be proud of what you have become, so proud." He caressed my hair and smiled at me. His words made me realise that I had never met my biological parents.

" Xavier you are already a good brother anyone could ask for.You'll be a great uncle too. Thanks for saving us. Me and my baby. Thank you." I smiled at him wiping a lone tear on my cheek.

" You are my sister Avery, I would do anything to save you, that bastard brother, I will ensure him of hell. That bastard will get what he deserves." He grew angrier at the thought of Alex.

" About that Xavier, I need to see him onc-" My request was cut off by an angry Xavier.

" No. Are you out of your mind Avery? After what he did to you? I am sure Jason would like that too much to actually make that happen, let alone me." He chucked dryly.

" I have some questions to him Xavier, he was my friend you know." The nostalgia started to take over me.

" He was never your friend, he just pretended to be one. No, even if I say yes to it, which, by the way I won't. Jason would burst open at just the thought of it. So, do you understand?"

" Yeah, I do." I said and sighed. I groaned in pain as I my arm as I had twisted it.

" Careful, now you will rest and we can talk later. Go to sleep, little one." He said on the reflex and helped me lay back.

No matter how much I tried, I couldn't sleep so I turned to the couch where Xavier was working on his laptop.

These top class workaholics!

" I can't sleep. Seriously Xavier? Now I think why you and Jason get along too well. After all birds of feather flock together." I said and gave him a look.

" You talk too much for a patient little one. And for Jason, he is a lucky rascal that I like him. He must fear me, he came to seek permission so that he could ask you to marry him." He said and his words left me confused.

" What? Permission?" I asked perplexed.

" Yeah, he came to me before he took off to Greece, he asked me if he could marry you. He asked your parents too, Mr and Mrs. Weston." Xavier said with a straight face.